• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering from aborted migration

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a migration of my Lightroom classic V6 catalog. It ran for a long while, eventually reaching the "adding photos and videos" stage.

At some point in this process I got an error saying it couldn't access one of my original images. Sure enough - the USB drive had gotten bumped and was offline. I reconnected it and clicked "retry". It seemed to chew on that for a while and then the dialog showing the migration status disappeared.

The status dialog says it is syncing photos and the "Adobe Lightroom CC Helper" process is consuming a lot of CPU although I don't see a lot of network traffic.

If I try to start a new migration it says a pending migration is already present and only one migration is allowed at a time.

a) Is my migration still running or did it fail? If it is still running how can I monitor its status?

b) If it failed, is there a way to restart/recover?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

I got this resolved via Abobe support chat. Super smart guy - very helpful.

TLDR> Log out of the cloud, restart computer, re-login, check sync state. Syncing photos is the last step in the migration and it will restart  if I go offline or shutdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got this resolved via Abobe support chat. Super smart guy - very helpful.

TLDR> Log out of the cloud, restart computer, re-login, check sync state. Syncing photos is the last step in the migration and it will restart  if I go offline or shutdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines