2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2006 10:09 AM by Newsgroup_User

New Versions from Director

Egyptian_Art
      I wonder that we dont hear about new versions of director; is it obsolete software and we have to change to another solution like flash 8 or something else?
        • 1. Re: New Versions from Director
          duckets Level 1

Director 11 is due in the first half of 2007.

Read more here:
          http://www.digitalproducer.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=53027

- Ben
          • 2. Re: New Versions from Director
            Level 7
            duckets wrote:
            > Director 11 is due in the first half of 2007.
            >
            > Read more here:
            > http://www.digitalproducer.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=53027
            >
            > - Ben
            >
            Well this is fabulous news and it saves me from posting a message "Is
            Director Dead?" I certainly hope not and have been wanting to update
            for over a year now, but didn't want to continue my investment if Adobe
            was going to kill the product. I have been using Director now for over
            10 years to create educational games and tutorials. I started with
            version 4, then upgraded to 5, 6, 7, 8, and 8.5. I was going to upgrade
            to MX 2004, but waited for something new. Now I am praying that they
            don't screw us long lime customers and allow version 8 and 8.5 users to
            upgrade like they do with Flash. I recently upgraded a version 5 Flash
            to the new 8 and I hate it. The upgrade price allowed me to do it, but
            I just can't get used to it. I love Director and wish it could output
            Flash and hope that I will be able to upgrade to the new v2007 at the
            regular upgrade price of $399 or less :) Us professors do not have the
            deep pockets like corporations, but would still like to have a
            commercial version. :)