In the example form shown below, I want to have an employee enter a few fields and have the form calculate the rest as specified below:
1. Column "Pay Date" PaymentD_1 should equal Repayment_Start_Date as entered by the employee.
2. The rest of the PaymentD_xx should be PaymentD_1 + 14 days so that it is every two weeks.
3. Total_Due needs to be Amount, plus sales tax if the Sales_Tax_Included box is unchecked, otherwise it equals Amount.
4. Column "Amount" would be Total_Due divided by 13.
5. Column "Balance" would be (obviously) Total_Due minus PaymentA_xx.
6. Finally, I want each Signature box to send the completed form to certain email(s).
I am looking for direction, not a written script. I want to learn how to write this so that I can continue in the future. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I'm thinking I will need to add a field for number of payments requesting because not every employee wants 13 payments...sometimes it's only 3 or 4. But I'm sure adding that in will be fine once I get started and I know it will just be part of a division calculation.
Many of the main pages in these forums have links to tutorials and training pages posted by Adobe. Date calculations are probably to advance for a first project.
Google these items for articles and tutorials on the topics you need.
calculation scripts for acrobat