• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Slower

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have the latest lightroom Classic, on the latest mac book pro. I have had all versions of Lightroom from day one. And have used it for many many years.

So they said this one would be faster. I find it to be slower!, so disappointing. I am a professional photographer and need the speed. I use Photo Mechanic to do my selects before processing as Lightroom can handle it. I really wished the speed issues we going to be resolved in the classic release, but sadly not, and feels even worse. Any other people feel the same?

Cheers

Jeff Brown

www.breedmedia.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC and am having the same experience.   Luckily I only upgraded one of my workstations, ill wait to upgrade my main workstation until I know more, or they patch it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im in exactly same boat. Adobe will lose many customers because of their inability to optimise the develop and render functions so as to be not as slow as what they currently are.    And dont hold your breath on it getting fixed quickly....Ive had this issue for( serious slow downs in some of the render and edit/tool functions)  12 months now since notifying Adobe Tech support and all I got back from them was ithese were known issues and promises from Adobe that  things would be fixed in next update!!,,,,

Now it seems Adobe are treating their customers as mugs by not bothering to fix these slow issues so widely reported back to them.  CAn only do this for  so long before  the customer realises they are being played for a fool  and then that will be the end of it and they will leave in droves to competitors products. This is a very serious marketing problem they have and they dont seem to care about it  because if they did they wouldnt have released such a technically deficient update as what they seem to have done!. I bet this will be used as a case study on what not to do in the years to come  by University Business Marketing Faculties throughout the world Probably be known as one of the Great Marketing Blunders of the 21st Century ..

And....If they cant fix this soon I for one will be leaving their subscription based lightroom because I cant go through another 12 months of inaction...Its ridiculous that such a large company can release a product /service update  with such  massive performance  holes/deficiencies as what they have done with Lightroom Classic. I wonder whether the shareholders are aware of how bad this is especially given Lightroom isnt exactly a minor product catagory or revenue contributer in their product portfolio. Someones asleep at the wheel that Im 100% sure of

BTW .....See this other thread link below thats also been started on Classics slow operation. It seems there are many others also experiencing these issues in addition to ourselves !!.

Lightroom Classic CC seems slower than previous Lightroom version it replaced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming after using a since the upgrade i want to pull my hair out even more. This program has ground to a halt in my eyes, am at the point it is almost un usable! i pray you have a fix very soon or i will be going else where very soon! Im trying to see while i still love it, but how slow it is is killing it daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote in to petapixel to see if they could get some answers, they posted this yesterday.

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/29/lightroom-still-slow-another-major-performance-update-coming/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two articles that suggest that Adobe is working on a performance update.

Adobe solves all our problems!

We will wait and see. I believe only when I could see and test it 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff

Some testing I’ve seen of 7.1 showed a faster response than Photo Mechanic when using the new import with “Embedded & Sidecar” Obviously system dependent including read/write speed of the drive or external drive where the photos are being stored. I tend to import to the internal SSD and archive everything to an external drive after all the work is complete. Lightroom Classic is definitely faster for me and I only need to generate 1:1 previews for the picks. Have you tried the embedded & sidecar method as opposed to importing with standard or 1:1 previews and import presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines