• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask Selection in Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6 and when I make a selection, click mask, my selection immediately is taken and moved to another area on the photo. I am trying to mask the selection and manipulate the selection in place. I don't know why, my system is taking the selection and moving it to another location on the picture and I can manipulate it there. I need for the selection to stay in place, mask, and let me manipulate the mask right there. Any help will greatly be appreciated. I have been trying to figure this out for two days now. I have tried to contact Adobe Support for help, but they keep referring me to www.adobe.com.get support, which is a dead end for my issue. I feel like I have been chasing my tail for the last two days and it is very disheartening to know, I purchased the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium Suite and I can't get help with the product because technology has moved on to "CC" so they don't  provide customer support for older software. The link/website they direct me to go to, does not list my issue as an option. So I try to click on "chat or contact..." and they refer me backup to select from an option above. When the options above don't  pertain to my needs. When I do try to click on an issue above that don't fit my needs and then click on chat with someone, it still sends me around in circles. I feel like I am chasing my tail.

So if anyone in this forum can help me with "why my mask selection does not stay in place and let me manipulate it in place," I will greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Hi lenoraw,

Could you please post a screenshot of the issue you're facing? Also refer Creating a mask > Masks and Channels in Adobe Photoshop CS6

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi lenoraw,

Could you please post a screenshot of the issue you're facing? Also refer Creating a mask > Masks and Channels in Adobe Photoshop CS6

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines