3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2017 9:18 AM by Victoria Bampton LR Queen

Lightroom CC issues

originalmule Level 1

1. Migration issues with space on disc.

- Why are these files killing my hd space?

- Why didn't all my folders come over on the migration? I have 15,000 photos with no folders/albums

2. Functionality

- Why have 2 systems?

- Will i be expected to upload them to both? or is there a sync function?

- Will I need to add each folder, name it again in CC then at some point delete the local files? Classic won't work without those files.

I need a workflow example of taking photos, importing them into Classic or CC, syncing, and space.

MIke

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC issues
          Victoria Bampton LR Queen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

They're not intending for you to use both together at this stage, so the main question is, do you want/need all of your originals in the cloud? If you do, I'll be putting some "foot in both camps" posts on my Lightroom Queen blog over the coming weeks when all this chaos has died down. If you don't, then you may be better sticking with Lightroom Classic on your main computer for now, and using LRCC on other devices.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC issues
            originalmule Level 1

Thanks for your insight!

i guess before rolling out a new program they should have better documentation as I’ve wasted hours upon hours and delayed 2 large clients projects because of the confusion.

This is the single worst roll out of a product by adobe and I hope they take a long hard look and this as a failure. 

Ill spend my Sunday restoring my computer to a time before the migration to get back my disc space and start working again.

thanks adobe for putting me 3 days behind schedule...insert sarcasm

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC issues
              Victoria Bampton LR Queen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

originalmule  wrote

i guess before rolling out a new program they should have better documentation

No arguments from me! Next time it'd be worth checking out my Lightroom Queen blog. I do attempt to provide all the information they "forget".