• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RE: Adobe Photoshop CC (2018) Save Gif for Web Error.

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

I never had an issue exporting a video (with logo added) to web as a .gif file with Photoshop CC (2017), however, I've just attempted to do what I had normally done now using Photoshop CC (2018) and a window appears during the 'Export' > 'Save For Web (Legacy)' process. Please refer to screenshot.

2017-10-21_10h17_26.png

If someone could please help me with this issue, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a general problem of 2018. I just need to export a AniGif from an imported .mp4 for a project and while it does work, the resulting animation is completely broken and jumps back and forth in frames.

It's really annoying as I need to finish this soon and now might have to reinstall PS CC 2017 just to export this.

Would be cool if Adobe wouldn't rely on a (legacy)-panel for such a popular mechanic. Anigifs might not be the best and cleanest solution, but you can't argue they are quite a thing on the web, so maybe offering us a better solution than Save-For-Web would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same issue. After fooling around with the settings for a bit, I realized that photoshop had made the image size obscenely large within the save for web window. Once I changed it back to the actual canvas size of the artwork, it worked normally. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I've been trouble-shooting for hours and the problem is a bit random. Really frustrating. I looked into the file size and that's not the culprit in my situation. Adobe...or someone, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine isn't erroring officially, it is just a solid color instead of an animated GIF.  Happens regardless of size.  Regardless of various settings I can find.  I've been stuck on this for a week and cannot produce a product or really get any work done without this working.  If there was an option that wasn't Photoshop that worked I would drop this program in a heartbeat.  Nothing but struggle and frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines