1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2017 10:08 PM by meenakshin83966505

Issues with acrobat reader

PHBfire Level 1

For a decade up until six weeks ago, I could ATTACH a PDF file to a Word document. Now I can not. Today my tech support team (Adriot services 1-855-723-6786) told me to attach the PDF as an object.  I have done so, and the recipient of the Word file w/ PDF opens the PDF and has to click "Windows - Applications Error'.  Adriot Services indicated that updating Acrobat Reader - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC should ameliorate this situation.

I contacted Adobe at 800-833-6687, and the support person kindly walked be through creating an Adobe account with usernames and password.  Then he walked me through contacting www.forums.adobe.com and instructed me to how to post this message.

[personal information removed by moderator]

• 1. Re: Issues with acrobat reader
          meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi PHBfire,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you are experiencing an issue in attaching the PDF file in MS Word file, it does not seems to be an Adobe Acrobat Reader DC issue.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a free software that is used for viewing, signing, printing and annotating the PDF's.

If you are not able to attach the PDF, it can either be a file specific issue or an issue with the application you are using to attach the file.

If you are referring to something else, please elaborate the issue you are experiencing.

Let us know all the steps you do and share the screenshot of the error message if you get any.

To share the screenshot, click on Inset image icon as shown below:

Capture screenshot.PNG

Then click on "Choose File" and browse to the location where you have saved the screenshot.

Select the image file and click on "Open". Then click on "Insert Image" tab at the bottom to add it to forum reply.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi