Exit

Vista SP2 Chrome 49.0.2623.112 Unresponsive Flash Player 27.0.0.170

Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS Vista SP2

WB Chrome 49.0.2623.112

FP 22.0.0.209

Pasted pepflashplayer.dll version 27.0.0.170 in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\22.0.0.209 and does not work, reverted back to pepflashplayer.dll 22.0.0.209 for the moment.

Error message: Adobe Flash Player was blocked because it is out of date. Update plugin… Run this time

I would like to eliminate the aforesaid error message which started October 18, 2017 because it’s very distracting to click Run this time on every page I visit requiring flash.

What is the last stable pepflashplayer.dll version for Chrome 49.0.2623.112?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 8. My Chrome Version is 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) and is up to date. My pepflashplayer.dll version is 27.0.0.170 and you can try it:- 27.0.0.170.rar

So you can't update your Chrome by visiting the following URL? chrome://settings/help

Go to chrome://flags and disable HTML over flash.

Google has stopped support for XP and Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MKDan​ a user at the time of this post with 0 points here has posted in Problems with Flash Player - Chrome​​ Flash Player blocked in Chrome on Windows XP​​​ My computer is all kinds of screwed up...  is my Flash problem solvable?​ over the span of about 1 week around the same time this Flash Player problem has started occurring, he hasn't posted anywhere else here, and does not suffer from the problem being reported on, coincidence?

MKDan  wrote

I'm using Windows 8.

Windows 8 is 2 versions up from Windows Vista, the system with the error I'm reporting on, how is Windows 8 relevant here?

MKDan  wrote

My Chrome Version is 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) and is up to date.

The last most current supported Chrome version for Vista is 49.0.2623.112, a 12 version gap from 61.0.3163.100, again how is this relevant to what is being reported here?

MKDan  wrote

My pepflashplayer.dll version is 27.0.0.170 and you can try it:- 27.0.0.170.rar

As I stated in my original post, I tried pepflashplayer.dll version 27.0.0.170 and it failed to work as others here have also reported, thus I reverted back to 22.0.0.209 for the time being.

The problem with using the old pepflashplayer.dll version 22.0.0.209 is security concerns and of course the annoying info bar on every page I visit containing flash.

MKDan  wrote

So you can't update your Chrome by visiting the following URL? chrome://settings/help

MKDan  wrote

Google has stopped support for XP and Vista.

I think you answered your own question? To be clear, no I cannot update beyond Chrome version 49.0.2623.112 unless Google suddenly decides to start supporting us again.

MKDan  wrote

Go to chrome://flags and disable HTML over flash.

Bad idea, sets users up for security issues, and this option is not available anymore so it's irrelevant.

God willing an Adobe employee will reveal a version of Flash Player that will eliminate the annoying info bar, I realize I can mute the info bar with -disable-infobars command, however for security reasons I would much rather have a functioning up-to-date version of pepflashplayer.dll obviously.

As of the time of this post, I would like to thank the 195 viewers and 4 users who suffer from the same issue as me for sharing my concern.

Finally if you found my original post helpful, don't forget to follow, bookmark and click like to encourage a satisfactory solution, not a band aid reply like we've seen elsewhere.

God bless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe planned to kill Flash by the year 2020. Google also want content developers to use HTML 5. Maybe, they have started to kill Flash from the older operating systems and browsers. Not a answers to your question, you can try other browsers like Yandex, Firefox, Opera, Safari or IE.

Soon websites will stop using Flash and also all the browsers will stop supporting Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MKDan  wrote

Adobe planned to kill Flash by the year 2020.

That means we have over 2 years left to protect users who still depend on Flash Player.

MKDan  wrote

Google also want content developers to use HTML 5. Maybe, they have started to kill Flash from the older operating systems and browsers.

Are you suggesting Google made unauthorized changes to my browser without my permission?

MKDan  wrote

Not a answers to your question, you can try other browsers like Yandex, Firefox, Opera, Safari or IE.

Already have those, you're right this is not an answer to my question.

MKDan  wrote

Soon websites will stop using Flash and also all the browsers will stop supporting Flash.

Last time I checked over 2 years is not considered soon for most people's standards.

I really hope Adobe isn't planning to leave us all unprotected between now and 2020 cause that is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knoweldge, Adobe didn't do anything to Flash Player for it not to work with older versions of Chrome, however, Flash Player only officially supports the latest version of any given browser.  From Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player :

(my highlights for emphasis)

In reality, what folks with XP/Vista & Chrome 49 have been doing (installing the latest version of Flash Player, renaming the file and moving it to the Chrome FP location) is an unsupported hack.  Even when doing this, Google still reports the older embedded version as the installed version.  If you go to chrome://plugins it still reports the old embedded version, not the newly copied version.  My guess is that this (Chrome reporting the old embedded version) is what's preventing the browser from loading the plugin.  I would recommend contacting Google for assistance, but that would be moot since they no longer support Chrome on XP or Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I was not aware I had an old version of Flash Player in Google Chrome until I started getting the info bar notice on every page I visited containing Flash Player.

Yes I realize Google Chrome updates Flash Player automatically, however I assumed when I did a manual update of Flash Player, the Flash Player in Google Chrome would update as well, this is where the problem lies.

XP/Vista are not supported by Microsoft anymore, however I can still update my programs manually.

However with the Google Chrome platform, it appears you are saying Google is blocking me from updating my programs within the Google platform because they want to force me to do an update they made impossible on XP/Vista?

In other words, what you are saying is Google Chrome is blocking Adobe Flash Player users from receiving critical security updates even in manual mode?

Google refusing to support their own products is one thing however Google blocking users from manually supporting their own products is something else entirely.

Something serious needs to be done here and fast to give users back their basic security rights.

Even my copy of IE7 supports the latest version of Flash Player and I must say Google has gone too far this time.

It was XP/Vista users that made Google what it is today, I can’t believe they would do us all this way in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google has embedded Flash Player in Chrome for many years now.  Older versions of Chrome (49 being one of them) only use the embedded version and are not aware of the location the non-embedded version installs to.  All updates are distributed by Google via Chrome updates or Chrome component Updates.  Since Google stopped supporting Chrome 49 for XP/Vista/Mac 10.6 - 10.9 (end of 2015) those systems stopped receiving Flash Player updates.  I surmise your version of Flash Player is several years old.  Newer versions of Chrome do utilize Flash Player version installed by the user if the installed version is newer than the embedded version. But again, Chrome 49 isn't one of them.

Chrome is still supported on Windows 7, as such, those systems get updated.

You can try IE, or Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release), although Mozilla will soon be dropping support for XP/Vista (Important - Firefox is ending support for Windows XP and Vista | Firefox Help ). 

Microsoft also stopped supporting Vista in September, so that system is also no longer getting any updates.

Essentially, it's time to move past Windows XP and Vista and no longer supported Mac versions as those are no longer getting security updates and continuing to use them in today's security landscape leaves you vulnerable for all sorts of security vulnerabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opera 12.18 is a maintenance update which came 2 years after end of support for Opera 12.17 and I believe Google can do a maintenance update for Chrome 49.0.2623.112 so our Flash Players will update since they are a billion dollar company and all, 1 developer could fix this usually in less than 1 hour instead of leaving millions of users at risk, end of story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted how to patch Chrome 49 to update its internal Flash version so it doesn’t complain about being outdated. Please find my post in this thread. It’s not a solution for noobs but it’s THE solution:

How to Install Flash in Vista w/ Chrome Browser??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my best bet the only way keep adobe going not leave 2020 get a petition going look change.org

then put it out on youtube we tell adobe not to leave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please  fix flashplayer  for google chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit) they stuck on flashplayer 21.0.0.216  alot older macs os x 10.6.8 can't upgrade on latests google chrome  they all work fine for all other browsers for latest flash players.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a Flash Player problem.  Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome 49 and all updates were released by Google, not Adobe.  Google no longer supports Chrome 49 as such they are no longer releasing updates for it.  The embedded Flash Player is saved to a specific location, which is NOT the same location Flash Player installs to when you install it.  Due to this, Chrome doesn't know you have installed a newer version of Flash and therefore doesn't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines