This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
This can be a bit tricky.
You can read up on relative and absolute paths in the docs for more info, but in a nutshell:
* paths are to the run-time instances, not the source code location
* "/" means start at your application root
* source="image.jpg" means look in the current folder (wherever the .swf is)
* assets/image.jpg would look in a child of the folder holding the swf folder named "assets"
* you can use full urls: http://www.myserver.com/myApp/assets.image.jpg
Consider embedding your assets. Flexbuilder will give compile errors if your path is not right.
Note that this is a run-time operation:
To embed, you would use this syntax:
Or see the docs to use the Metadata syntax.
Actually, I would like to embed it, but I still can't seem to get Flex to find the file. Where can I put / point to the file so it will find it in an Embed at compile time?
If I embed it per your suggestion, will it become part of the .SWF?