Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC2018: Wacom 21UX Touch Strip rotate view function doesn't work anymore

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've just installed the new Photoshop update and discovered the rotate function on my touch strip doesn't work anymore. Instead, when I try to use it, the color picker icon flashes rapidly, as if the Alt button was being pressed repeatedly. This is really troublesome, as rotating the view was a big part of how I work and not having it is severely impeding my ability to draw.

I'd really like to know if the problem was on Photoshop or Wacom drivers side, and if its the former, if there is any fix or workaround i could use. I'd love to use the newly added functions, but if the issue persists, i'll have to stick to the previous version.

Thank you very much for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same issue with Intuos pro 4 M and it's disturbing not have this function. I do like to know what should I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue.  Anybody got any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read somewhere that the new photoshop update made some issues with 'alt' hotkeys and that affected rotation as well. They know about it and as far as I know, they working on a bug fixing update. I really hope it will come out shortly, painting is really hard to do right now without this comfortable feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically you have two choices.

Stay with 2018 and find the myriad of other really new and exciting bugs Adobe has given us as part of the subscription service.

Or

Roll back to 2017. At least rotate worked. Also the alt commands. Then there's type, zoom well everything..

Sorry had a nostalgic moment there. I remembered about 2000 how good the programmers were, they are all VP's now I suppose. Now they have 12 year olds doing the programming. Just don't let 'em loose with medical programming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Everyone!

New CC 2018 update seems to have fixed the issue for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this from the October update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, an update came out a few weeks ago, that was the fix for the update from October update. Since then I got my rotation back as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines