• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC does not import any RAW nor jpeg files

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded my Lightroom 6 CC to Lightroom Classic CC four days ago . At de same time I have downloaded Lightroom CC (thinking that was an upgrade of Lr 6 CC !) wich I used first for 24 hours (and it worked perfectly). Then I received an e-mail from a formative site for Lr and Ps users telling me that Lr Classic CC and Lr CC are not compatible with each other. So I have uninstalled Lr CC and my troubles began at that point. After that I could never again download any camera files (RAW/ NEF, jpeg) neither from the camera card nor from a card reader, nor via a desk file or through View NXi etc...). So I have not a single new image in my LR classic CC, though everything else in Lr class. CC  works perfectly.

Have you any answer to that question ? Is my use of Lr CC responsible for this and how can I fix this ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Guy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Or try right-clicking another tab, for example, Renommer le fichier or Appliquer pendant l'importation and choose “Toute afficher” from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe recommends using one or the other or else some careful understanding of the eco system is necessary. For example any files imported into Lr CC will be sent as originals to the cloud. If you are also running Lr Classic those originals will get downloaded into Lr Classic if sync is turned on. There will also be some duplication as each app stores its own proxies (smart previews) in different locations.

You don’t say if you migrated your Lr Classic catalog into Lr CC? You may need to re-install Lr6.12/2015.12 and open your last catalog back up. Then re-install Lr Classic and upgrade the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 99jon. I have tried to re-install Lr2015.12 through the app "Adobe Creative Cloud". But you can get only the new Lr Classic CC by doing this . Or is there another way to do it ?

Thanks again

Best regards

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the pull down menu to choose other versions - see image below.

Other.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again 99jon. Unfortunately I have the same problem in the late version (I could open Lr/ 2015.

The central window of import module remains desperately empty when choosing my camera card (with new images).Capture d’écran 2017-10-22 à 11.20.59.png

What can you advise me to do.

Many thanks. Best regards

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to Lr6.12/2015.12? If not open the Lr6 tab at the link below by clicking >

The latest patch is at the top of the list.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon.

I have first tried Paige's advice ... but with no sucess .

Nothing more appears in the panel ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make sure the Destination panel is present (which it is not in your screen capture).

So, right-click (control-click on a Mac) on one of the other panel headers (Gestion des fichiers) and select Destination (or the French equivalent). The Destination panel must be present, and expanded, and point to a folder that actually exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you DJ_Paige,

I tried to follow your advice but nothing change in this right panel of "Gestion de fichiers"

Please could you show me how your panel looks like (with a screen capture).

I am a Lightroom user for more than 4 years, so I really don't understand ...

Sorry for disturbing and many thanks.

Best regards

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you followed my advice, you would right-click (ctrl-click on a MAC) on Gestion des fichiers. Did you do that? Then a drop-down menu appears, you select Destination (or whatever the word in French is). Did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dj_Paige,

Thanks again for all your efforts to help me !

But I tried it "a million time" since yesterday .. but no other file(s) appear in this section.

But I don't remember having had all these subtitles under "gestion des fichers", but that worked ..??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See images:

Destination2.jpg

Destination.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 99jon

Thanks for all your efforts: but as I answered to Dj_Paige, I can't make appear anything, even doing exactly what he told me to do.

ctrl-right click does not make anything appear in this window

Best regards

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl-click (or right-click) does NOT make files appear. It makes the menu drop down. Are you seeing this menu as shown in the first screen capture from 99jon​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dj_Paige,

I can't drop down more than these 2 files (on the right):

Capture d’écran 2017-10-22 à 11.20.59.png

This is as if I had "lost" the files:"Renommer le fichier" and "Destination". In fact I never needed to care about this, all was fonctionning "by itself" before downloading "Lightroom classic CC" ...

Thanks for your patience . Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or try right-clicking another tab, for example, Renommer le fichier or Appliquer pendant l'importation and choose “Toute afficher” from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello 99Jon,

Thanks again, but nothing works...

(see my last answer to Dj_Paige).

I will try to phone to the Adobe support line...

Many thanks. Best regards. Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines