Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC - Upgrade error - exit code 156

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried to upgrade my Lightroom version: CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ] to Lightroom Classic CC via Creative Cloud and I have received exit code 156 (see details below). Please can you help me?

Exit Code: 156

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.0.0.1140024

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.0.0.1140024). Error code: '156'

WARN: Unable to create symlink at "[UserDocuments]\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

Best regards,

Helena

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

forums.adobe.com/thread/2402679  and  forums.adobe.com/thread/2405109  offer

some insight and a sort of 'work-around' - which may not be the ideal solution, but it works.

Since I am the only one in my company using the software, it is not a big burden on the IT guy,

but I can imagine that in companies with multiple users this can be annoying. Strange though

that the one party you'd like to respond remains absolutely quiet on this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, can anyone help me with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Installation stops at 91%.

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.0.1.1142117

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.0.1.1142117). Error code: '156'
WARN: Unable to create symlink at "[UserDocuments]\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maartendegeus​ and UBAguy​ please have you find the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forums.adobe.com/thread/2402679  and  forums.adobe.com/thread/2405109  offer

some insight and a sort of 'work-around' - which may not be the ideal solution, but it works.

Since I am the only one in my company using the software, it is not a big burden on the IT guy,

but I can imagine that in companies with multiple users this can be annoying. Strange though

that the one party you'd like to respond remains absolutely quiet on this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UBAguy​ Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Helena Potancokova ,

Apologies for the late reply, I haven't really found a solution. As i'm not an IT guys so my following explanation might be a bit off but I'll try my best to make sense of it.

The installations and updates from Premiere and After Effects suddenly (this was never the case before and only happened with the most recent update) aren't able to connect anymore to my user/documents folder when I'm not directly connected to the company internal network (especially so for the Library folder). Even though i can access the folder manually outside of the network, according to the crash logs the adobe installer cant find it. The IT department really has no idea why this is happening and i kind of gave up (mainly due to lack of time). It only seems to apply to Premiere and After Effect so far so when im working at home i only work on small projects i can clear in a day using alternatives like davinci pro, and work on the bigger projects when im at the office. It's definitely not ideal but I've worked through countless threads but couldn't find a solution that works for me.

with kind regards,

Maarten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maarten,

Thanks.

BR,
Helena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same thing happens to me also at 91%, it seems to hang then eventually fails with an Exit Code: 156

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines