• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is "Recolor Artwork"-pane scriptable?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve been searching a lot to find info about if the Recolor Artwork pane is scriptable but did not found any. So my question is if anybody know if it´s possible to control it via Javascript?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Hi

I wrote a script to do this which I sell, but I had written my own ICC full color engine and color tools in JS, and I also wrote a decoder to read the .acb files directly to get their lab vales etc.

If you want to do this yourself in JavaScript you need to

1. Convert the colors in illustrator to Lab values use Application.convertSampleColor method
  2. Load a list of pantone colors with Lab Values into an array - I would create a new document, clear the swatches, add in the pantone colours then read the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no, Recolor Panel is not accessible. We must use other methods to recolor objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What particular features are you looking to use for recoloring?

Glenn

O2 Creative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to convert CMYK and RGB to spotcolors (Pantone Solid Coated) I know that the user Qwertyfly have modified a script to do this, however Im finding the results in the recoloring pane to be better so that´s why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I wrote a script to do this which I sell, but I had written my own ICC full color engine and color tools in JS, and I also wrote a decoder to read the .acb files directly to get their lab vales etc.

If you want to do this yourself in JavaScript you need to

1. Convert the colors in illustrator to Lab values use Application.convertSampleColor method
  2. Load a list of pantone colors with Lab Values into an array - I would create a new document, clear the swatches, add in the pantone colours then read the Lab values from the swatches as a once off to build a database OR use Pantone Color Manager Software with Library Integration  can export different formats to work with, this software is free if you own a pantone book - look on the back of the book for the serial number to use for the software, or google it. You can then read in the text file generated by Pantone Color Manager.
  3. Loop through the Pantone colors, comparing the DeltaE (the lower the number the closer the match), A quick google search found this GitHub - zschuessler/DeltaE: CIE color difference formulas in JavaScript- can't vouch for the code - just saying code is out there.
  4. Create a new Spot Color using the Closest pantone color
  5. Replace the color with the new Spot.

Hope that helps.

Glenn

O2 Creative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, exactly what im gonna do. Never thought i could add all swatches to a doc. I simply run a loop store them and save them to a file. Now i can update that Wundes script which can search for PMS colors. I would need to get official PMS CP colors to get the proper match i guess

EDIT

Ive now also got it working so i can convert colors to PMS using internal code. I do see a difference though from when using the recolor method. It has slightly different results. Some look better, some are a bit off. Still need to work a bit on this i guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines