• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to customise the crop overlay color guide?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the new Lightroom Classic CC, I noticed in the crop tool the overlay lines for compositions are barely visible. Can I customise the color or line weight?

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Check the setting of Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.  A couple of us have noticed they look noticeably different when the graphics processor is off.  That's a bug -- they should look the same regardless.  If you're experiencing that, please add your me-too vote to the bug report: Lightroom Classic crop overlay | Photoshop Family Customer Community . That will make it a little more likely Adobe might fix it before Lightroom Classic reaches end of life.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no provision  for customising the overlays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to make the lines more visible? or contrasting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!

You may wish to submit it as a request on Lightroom Classic feedback forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the setting of Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor.  A couple of us have noticed they look noticeably different when the graphics processor is off.  That's a bug -- they should look the same regardless.  If you're experiencing that, please add your me-too vote to the bug report: Lightroom Classic crop overlay | Photoshop Family Customer Community . That will make it a little more likely Adobe might fix it before Lightroom Classic reaches end of life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The crop overlay may have been this poor in previous version of LR 'cause I found complaints going back eight YEARS, but I don't recall having it be so unusable (and no, turning on and off GPU doesn't improve it significantly.  Neither does any OTHER REASONABLE suggestion).  Over in the "feedback" forum there's a 6 month old topic with the "official" response from Jeff Tranberry that "I'll have engineering look at it", but as near as I can tell (presuming I'm not missing a set of controls to configure the overlay so it's usable) nothing has been done in the intervening releases...

Complaints over here appear to be ineffective, so I put another topic in the feedback forum asking about the problem...  Perhaps if enough people go over THERE and complain, Adobe will actually do something (hoping, but definitely NOT holding my breath)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines