9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 1:16 AM by try67

Acrobat 9 Pro install fail

chrisbowker

This is my first attempt to obtain a solution to my problem with installing Acrobat Pro 9 as part of Adobe Creative Suite 4.

I have spent several months with Adobe Support representatives through their Chat Support service without success.  They have advised various solutions to the problem and two occasions I have given permission for the support representative to take remote control of my iMac in order to resolve the problem.

I’m trying to install Adobe Creative Suite 4 on my iMac 27-inch 2007 4.2Ghz i7 40GB RAM running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

All applications with the exception of Acrobat 9 Pro have installed and run normally.

The first application that I opened was Photoshop, which functioned correctly.

When I opened Acrobat 9 Pro, within a few seconds I was presented with the Software Setup window requesting the serial number but when typing in the correct serial number, it advised me that it was not valid.

I have tried installing Adobe Creative Suite 4 from my DVDs supplied by Adobe and have also tried installing Adobe Creative Suite 4 from the latest version available on line from the Adobe web site from a link supplied by the Adobe Support Representative.

After several months, the support staff have given up and referred me to the “Forums” with the promise that a solution to the problem would be forthcoming.

Case numbers xxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx refer.

[Case numbers removed by moderator. This is a public user forum.]

The following support staff were involved in attempting to solve the problem on the following dates

10/04/2017                        Nepuni

10/04/2017                        Bharati

10/04/2017                        Kunal

11/04/2017                        Laishram

11/04/2017                        Saurabh

05/08/2017                        Ramiz Raja

05/08/2017                        Rahul

07/08/2017                        Shailash Kumar

07/08/2017                        Abhishek

07/08/2017                        Vinita

07/08/2017                        Swati

19/10/2017                        Kapil

19/10/2017                        Parija

Is there anybody who can resolve this problem for me?