• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

working in LR CC while preparing classic for migration?

Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i started migration but had to stop after 2 days because of errors, which is fine with me because i need to be able to work in either CC or classic....

since it looks like that after everything is migrated over (from classic) to CC (and the cloud) all images still sync back to classic, the best way to go from here for me would be to work in CC from now on with new projects and migrate the rest of my classic catalog over when i have enough time?

that way i can clean up and prepare my classic catalog for a faster migration?

does this make sense?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Hi pschefz,

You can continue to work on Lightroom CC while the sync process completes in the background, but the edits you'll made to images will not be synced to other devices until the migration finishes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pschefz,

You can continue to work on Lightroom CC while the sync process completes in the background, but the edits you'll made to images will not be synced to other devices until the migration finishes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

i posted this new question in a new thread but it applies to this as well:

all the collections i used to sync with LR mobile are showing up in LR CC....what happens when i migrate the catalog over that contains those synced collections? will there be duplicates or will LR CC know to replace the previews (that are in the cloud now) with the original raw files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines