• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to go back to LR Classic (with Cloud Sync) after migrating to LR?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't have what I need compared to LR Classic.  I've already migrated my LR catalog into LR and that has fully sync'd with LR Cloud.  If I go back to LR Classic, everything works but I see sync has been disabled.  I'm not sure what will happen if I re-enable LR Classic sync considering all my photos are already uploaded to the cloud via LR.  Any ideas on the right steps to follow to avoid any issues (e.g. ending up with a duplicate of every photo in the cloud).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

HI,

Go ahead and continue to use Classic and just turn syncing back on. Classic will only sync collections you have chosen and it only shares Smart Previews, not originals. I have Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC running at the same time on the same machine and it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Go ahead and continue to use Classic and just turn syncing back on. Classic will only sync collections you have chosen and it only shares Smart Previews, not originals. I have Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC running at the same time on the same machine and it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ditto:

I don't want my cloud photos syncing to Classic so I have syncing paused.

Additionally - I have pretty much stopped using Classic in favor of using the Bridge/Camera Raw/Photoshop workflow for images I don't want in the cloud system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines