3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2008 9:18 PM by heathrowe

slideshows: add caption / remove file name

joe2843
      When creating a slideshow I cannot get Fireworks to remove the filename and replace it will the caption I type in. There does not seem to be an option in the "Caption" tab to change this. Am I missing something?
        • 1. Re: slideshows: add caption / remove file name
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
          You can File > Batch Process (Select images, then use the Rename command) before you actually use the Slideshow.

If you are suing CS3, go File > Browse to launch Adobe Bridge and use the Tools > Batch Rename command there. It is more robust than the one directly in Fw. Then run the Slideshow command script on the newly renamed files.

h

• 2. Re: slideshows: add caption / remove file name
            joe2843 Level 1
            Thanks, I'll try that - I still don't understand why Slideshow allows you to create separate captions (different from the file name) but it only allows you to show the file name in the actual slideshow...
            • 3. slideshows: add caption / remove file name
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
              No problem.

Click the little ? icon, upper right of the SlideShow Captions Panel for a 'brief' description of each option.

The custom captions vs filename captions basically gives you the 'choice' to use one over the other, but not both at the same time.

Just to clarify:
              If you have custom captions in for each image in your album, make sure 'All Albums' and 'No Change' options are selected in the Captions Panel.