• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Tearing PS CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Photoshop CC 2018 and I noticed when I was drawing I could see something of a screen tear, it only seems to show up in Photoshop so I'm assuming it has something to do with the application and not my computer. It doesn't stay in one place either as it moves around with me on the canvas. I have also noticed it only appears in full screen mode. It's not too noticeable but it is bothering me quite a bit. In case it's important, I am currently running the latest version of Windows 10.

Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

I'm not sure if you can see it too well but it does appear down the middle of the screenshots.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

this seems to be a bug with the ruler tool. press ctrl+r to bring up the ruler in full screen mode to have this tear go away. you will have to deal with having the ruler on your boarders at all times but its better then the tear IMO. let me know if this helps bud

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, I can see that tearing in the attached screenshot also, I have tried testing it out at my end and its working fine.

Please let us know which brush preset are using in Photoshop CC 2018, also you may try and reset the Photoshop preferences and check if that helps. Refer: Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to occur with all the brush presets that I have tried using. I have tried resetting the preferences but it does not seem to help. Even reinstalling Photoshop did not fix the problem unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AttikusParhs,

Have you ever noticed this issue in the previous version of Photoshop? Is it possible for you to share your workflow with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't noticed this in previous versions I have used.

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by sharing my workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activating the ruler does seem to be a valid workaround to the screen tearing issue, but I would prefer to run without the rulers. Any chance of fixing this bug, Mohit Goyal​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lundmark,

Let me check with the team.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lundmark,

Thanks for providing a workaround for the tearing issue you're seeing.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, so any steps you can provide towards reproducing will be helpful.

Which version of Windows 10 is being used?

Are the GPU drivers up to date?

Does it still tear if you disable the GPU? Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

I am on Win 10, version 1703 (15063.674). I have not updated to Windows Fall Creators Update on my current machine, because the update brought more bugs to Photoshop. Running a GTX1080 GPU with the latest drivers. The tearing is not very obvious at first, but pretty noticeable on diagonals. It does not seem to persist with GPU acceleration disabled. Also: picture (in between the black verticals):

example.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lundmark,

You wrote, "It does not seem to persist with GPU acceleration disabled".

Good to know that disabling the GPU helps, curious if this is the same for others as well?

You could try the later suggestions in that same article to re-enable the GPU, and try adjusting the GPU Drawing mode to Normal or Basic, and/or toggling some of the other "Advanced Settings" found in Preferences > Performance as well. Let us know if any of these changes make a positive difference.

If you could also provide Photoshop's > Help > System Info dialog text, that could help us further diagnose as well.

You can use a service like pastebin.com to share the long text via link.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Pete,

I'm afraid toggling the different modes and settings of GPU acceleration does not seem to help, only switching it off entirely does... However, choosing between screen tearing or no GPU features in PS is a tough call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending me your System info privately Lundmark.

Mostly things look pretty good there, drivers are up to date, nothing looks too out of whack.

I'm checking with the team on this one, but am curious if the "tearing" actually saves to the file?

To Test:

Save a file that displays the tearing.

Disable the GPU in Photoshop and restart Photoshop.

Reopen that file that was saved.

Is the tearing still in the document?

We're attempting to figure out if this is a GL display issue (better), or if it's actually affecting the pixels in the document (worse).

Let me know how that goes.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  I've been encountering this issue as well and I thought I'd throw-in what I've noticed in the bug's behavior.  I've also included a screen-recording for aide.

Long story short, from what I'm seeing the tearing happens in the middle of the actual screen when Photoshop is in full-screen mode and has no effect on the document itself.  The tear will remain in the exact middle of the screen in FS mode, no matter where the document, or any of its contents, are.  Turning the rulers on while in FS mode will remove the tear, but (at least in my case) it also makes the program extremely laggy.

S'about it.  Hope this is able to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the helpful video Nathaniel. Does the tearing stop if you disable the GPU in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance?

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Give the steps a try on this page, and let us know if you continue to see the tearing with GPU disabled, or by adjusting the drawing mode (located in Performance > Advanced).

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Pete,

The issue persists even after trying all of the steps you linked, as well as switching between drawing modes.  However, disabling GPU does indeed remove it!  My GPU is as up-to-date as I can make it, but I'll throw my system/driver information down below in the hopes that it will lead to the downfall of this troublesome little guy.

Nathaniel

[Display]

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

DirectX version: 12.0

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 960

Driver version: 388.71

Direct3D API version: 12

Direct3D feature level: 12_1

CUDA Cores: 1024

Core clock: 1278 MHz

Memory data rate: 7010 MHz

Memory interface: 128-bit

Memory bandwidth: 112.16 GB/s

Total available graphics memory: 20452 MB

Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB GDDR5

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 16356 MB

Video BIOS version: 84.06.14.00.60

IRQ: Not used

Bus: PCI Express x4 Gen2

Device Id: 10DE 1401 39663842

Part Number: G301 0000

[Components]

nvui.dll 8.17.13.8871 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.8871 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.8871 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.8871 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.8871 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component

nvCplUIR.dll 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvCplUI.exe 8.1.940.0 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvWSSR.dll 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvWSS.dll 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvViTvSR.dll 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA Video Server

nvViTvS.dll 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA Video Server

nvLicensingS.dll 6.14.13.8871 NVIDIA Licensing Server

NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.13.8871 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer

NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.13.8871 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application

NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.13.8871 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module

nvDispSR.dll 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA Display Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA Media Center Library

nvDispS.dll 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA Display Server

PhysX 09.17.0524 NVIDIA PhysX

NVCUDA.DLL 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA CUDA 9.1.104 driver

nvGameSR.dll 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

nvGameS.dll 23.21.13.8871 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the added detail Nathaniel,

The driver for the GTX 960 does look to be most up to date. That driver was released on December 20th, 2017.

You *could* try downgrading the driver to the previous driver version (such as version 388.59, released Dec 7th) and see if that helps. Otherwise Disabling the GPU would be the best bet until a driver without this issue is released.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably the worst update since CC came about in regards to bugs that need addressing. I ran PS CS6 recently on a tiny i3 8GB with onboard graphics and the application ran like an absolute dream. Today I'm producing a movie poster on an i7 4790k 32GB GTX970 using PS CC 2018 and the application is running like an absolute dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems to be a bug with the ruler tool. press ctrl+r to bring up the ruler in full screen mode to have this tear go away. you will have to deal with having the ruler on your boarders at all times but its better then the tear IMO. let me know if this helps bud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have fixed it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines