• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 CC Crashes when importing Mocha Shape/tracking Data

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a work around or an actual answer for this? Since updating to 2018 CC, AE consistently crashes when trying to import tracking and shape data from Mocha... big pain... in the middle of several projects I need tracking for and old school ae rotoscoping and tracking still isn't up to par.  Any help or recommendations would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with pasting Mocha data on Windows.

Adobe has said they are working on a fix.

Until then, the only workaround I know is for us to do tracking stuff like this in CC 2017. Very easy to import compositions from CC 2017 into CC 2018, but frustrating that we have to take that step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary Poplin from Boris FX responded in this thread:

Boris FX is aware of the crashing issue with Adobe AE CC 2018 and Mocha: "copying Mocha shape data to clipboard, crashes AE" and we are working with the Adobe team to resolve this problem, which we believe to be an issue with the clipboard. Thank you for letting us know.

Please note that for Mocha customers that own the Mocha Pro plug-in for Adobe, you can use "convert Mocha masks" in the plug-in interface to get the shape data back to AE because it bypasses the clipboard.

My personal suggestion is if you do not own the Mocha Pro plug-in and you can't roll back to CC 2017, you can try a trial of the Mocha Pro plug-in fully unlocked for free off of borisfx.com for ten days and use the same plugin interface workflow mentioned above as a workaround. I realize that is not an ideal solution, but it might prevent being stuck on current projects if you're having trouble rolling back to AE CC 2017. Boris FX | Downloads

Cheers,
Mary Poplin

Boris FX | Support

So that's a helpful workaround suggestion until the bug gets fixed.

I should point out that Mocha Pro has some great features like the remove module which is kind of like the #Cloak feature that is making people so excited from this year's Sneaks at Adobe MAX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The After Effects update that came out last night (might take up to 24 hours to propagate to Adobe's servers around the world) fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines