Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Advice: Make Camera Follow Moving Path

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I just started learning about After Effects week ago. Currently I am trying to create camera to follow a moving path as they grow/move to form a desired shape. Below I provide example of desired result:

Real Possibilities Real Progress: - YouTube  refer to minute 1:22

Kindly need you guys advice on how to get this done.

Appreciate the help,

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw your path shape using the pen tool. Copy the mask shape or whatever to the clipboard and paste it into the position property. Stretch the keyframes out in time after that, as they will only be 2 seconds in length. (select them, hold Alt while you drag them around)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I am totally blind about all this by the way Which layer and effect should I use?

I was using adjustment layer to draw path using pen tool and put on 3D stroke to add the tappered effect as well as set up keyframe.

However, it did not show the desired result. I was aiming to get the ZOOM and MOVING FORWARD effect as video example I provided earlier.

Do I need camera layer to pull this result off?

Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AgnesI,

Are you still having trouble with this or did d.j.summitt's advice assist you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar question. I have an arrow moving from left to right, but I don't know how to have the camera view zoom in and follow a specific point while it's moving. It is just facing the composition and records a stationary 2D template of the arrow moving from left to right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines