• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when i draw or hold with a pen tool in photoshop. a menu pops up. how do i disable that?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its really annoying! how do I get rid of that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What menu pop up?  What OS do you use. Windows 10 has some press and hold right click option and Tablet Pens also have customizable preferences,  Have you reviewed all the setting you have set for your OS and Tablet Pen support.  Photoshop may pop up some menus when a right click is used.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on Windows? If so, it sounds like the press and hold for right clicking option is enabled. To disable, go to the Pen and Touch Control panel and select Pen Options tab. Select Press and Hold and click on the settings button. Then uncheck Enable press and hold for right-clicking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its probably the tablet and pen. when I do it with the tablet, it pops up. but when I use the mouse it does not pop up.

the tablet is a Wacom tablet, if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could also be Windows if you using Windows 10. Try disabling Press and hold right click.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I can use the dropper on photoshop without a menu messing it up so I can't hold it to compare colors, thanks bud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines