7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 4:38 PM by Sue Garibaldi

ADOBE DRAW FREEZING AND CRASHING

izzerules50

I am unable to work in Adobe Draw - it opens and immediately freezes and then crashes every single time I open it up.  Any thoughts or ideas?  All of my work currently is done in Adobe Draw and am concerned if I uninstall and re-install, I will lose everything I have in there.  Not sure what's making it crash.  I am up to date on all of my software updates. 

• 1. Re: ADOBE DRAW FREEZING AND CRASHING
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Izze.

I'm sorry the app's not working correctly. I have a few questions:

What version of Draw are you using?

What device and what version of its operating system are you using?

Is it crashing when you try to open ANY drawing? Or one in particular? Or some in particular? (In other words, is there anything notable about the drawings you're trying to open that are causing the crashing?)

When you sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud can you see all the work that's on your device represented there?

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ADOBE DRAW FREEZING AND CRASHING
            izzerules50 Level 1

Sue

I am using adobe draw 4.4 on my iPad Pro operating version 11.03. I am able

to open up the app but am unable to do literally anything including even

scrolling the page. The little wheel is circulating and it eventually

crashes.   I can see all of my work when I open adobe creative cloud

I have been playing with images in adobe capture and bringing them into

draw for added texture on my draw motifs and wondering if this is causing

the issue.   I tried going into creative cloud to see if I could delete

some of these texture images but can’t seem to figure out how or where to

do that. Was hoping that might help.

Just for clarification, does having all of my projects in creative cloud

listed when I sign in mean that they are all saved in the cloud?   I also

considered uninstalling and reinstalling the app but don’t want to lose all

of my work.

• 3. Re: ADOBE DRAW FREEZING AND CRASHING

Izze.

Yes. If you can see all your work at that link, it's all synced. So don't worry about losing it.

I have a feeling it may be one drawing that's causing the problem... Do you remember what the last drawing was that you opened before you started having this problem?

You have my email address, right?

Sue.

• 4. Re: ADOBE DRAW FREEZING AND CRASHING
                KoMaruyama Adobe Community Professional

Hi Izze,

I recently had a similar issue.  On returning from the Adobe MAX convention, I updated my CreativeCloud apps on desktop, and tried to use my mobile apps (no update to my iPad).

I got the app screen, but the application itself wouldn't launch.

When I double tapped the home button, I could see the app, but clicking on it would crash.

MY SOLUTION:

I closed all apps, then turned my iPad off, then restarted.

I did this twice, as the first time I had to force quit the Sketch app. (long hold the power+home button)

On the second time, all apps work correctly, no crashes so far, and no stalling on open.

I don't remember if I had to sign back into CC on my iPad, but FULL RESTART seems to have done it for me.

HTH yours too.

-K

(I realize that rarely 'restart' my iPad)

• 5. Re: ADOBE DRAW FREEZING AND CRASHING
                  izzerules50 Level 1

Unfortunately I don’t. It was yesterday and I was working on a few

different projects when I noticed it but I was able to re-open and continue

working. Not today.   I don’t see your email.  Are you indicating that I

can uninstall and reinstall the app without losing my work?    I would be

happy to delete these projects that have some of those textural pieces in

them but I can’t find a way to do that.

• 6. Re: ADOBE DRAW FREEZING AND CRASHING
                    izzerules50 Level 1

Thanks. I have powered down and back on again after closing everything

several times to no avail.  Am fully updated as well

• 7. Re: ADOBE DRAW FREEZING AND CRASHING

Izze.

I don't think it's the drawings with the Capture assets in them. But, if you can open them in the app, it's easier to delete individual drawings there.

See if you can do this (Please be really careful with this individual drawing delete process; it can not be undone and the document/s cannot be recovered):

In the Organizer view (where you can see all your projects), tap on the project that contains the document you want to delete

Then tap the Ellipsis (...) icon

From the pop-up menu choose Select Documents. At that point the top nav will change to orange and in the lower nav you'll have three icon choices: (Trash) a garbage can, (Duplicate) two squares with a +, and (Move Document) a document with an arrow.

Tap on the document you want to delete (it will be highlighted in orange)

Then, from the lower nav, tap the Delete (trash can) icon

That will delete it.

Another question:

The drawings you worked on yesterday…. Were they all in the same project?

And one more thing:

Yes, since you can see all your work on assets.adobe.com you are safe to uninstall/reinstall Draw.

M said she was going to send you my email address.

Sue.