• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop 2018 File Name Copy & Paste Problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on both my PC and laptop.

I have installed the 2018 update on my PC but not my laptop.

I always save my pictures with the date at the beginning of the file name. Example: 2017-10-19_5D_9060.

I will copy the date then save the picture. After processing the next picture I'll past the date within the next file name.

The problem I'm having is I can't paste the date. When I right click where I want to place the date paste is grayed out.

This wasn't a problem until I update to the current version of PhotoShop and I'm not having this problem with my laptop which I have not updated.

I've tried uninstalling PhotoShop and reinstalling but no luck.

Is anyone else having this problem and or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,

Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pjscott,

I have tried testing this issue at my end and its working fine for me. I am on Windows 10 and using PS CC 2018.

You may try an reset the Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps.

Refer: Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I reinstalled Photoshop 2017 on my PC and everything works fine. I updated my laptop to Photoshop 2018 and I'm having the same problem that I had on my PC. As you suggested I set my preferences back to default and that didn't work.

I've been using Photoshop since version 6 and I've never had any problems copying and pasting.

So for now I'll just continue to use 2017. When an update for 2018 come out I'll try that and see if it works.

I do appreciate the reply.

Have a great day,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pjscott,

Thanks for the update, I have tried to reproduce this issue at my end and it does allow me to paste the date in Filename section.

I may be not following the correct workflow, Is it possible for you to share the video of the issue.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I've reinstalled version 19 and tried to copy and paste the date again but

it doesn't paste.

Would you please try this. Open an image then type a date in the file name.

Before saving the image select and copy the date then save and close the

image.

Open a different image and see if you can paste the date in this image.

If you can then I'm not sure what's going on. Like I've said I've been

using this process for years without any problems.

Again I appreciate your reply.

Have a great day,

Paul

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 3:47 AM, Mohit Goyal <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

My work flow includes draging several files as layers into one file (a scrapbook page with several photos, if that helps), and renaming each layer to the file name it originated from by using "save-as", copying the file name, hiting cancel on the save windows and pasting the copied name into the relevant layer in the page file.

Since the last upgrade, after hitting "cancel" the clipboard is wiped clean and I don't have the file name anymore (before hiting cancel I do - tried pasting it into notepad - no problems there).

A fix on that would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lihi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,

Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working for me. Everything up to date. I had a workaround by copying the necessary text from Word and pasting it into my file name but now that's stopped working. It's slowing up my processing terribly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed Photoshop 20 and this error is occurring for me, very frustrating   I'm using mac sierra 10.12.6 Nicollet​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start a new topic on Photoshop 20. This is an old topic and will likely not get noticed because it has been marked as answered.

When posting about CC 2019, be sure to give out details:

* Adobe product and version number

* Operating system and version number

* The full text of any error message(s)

* What you were doing when the problem occurred

* Screenshots of the problem

* Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you i made a new topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, can you provide link to new thread please as i'm having this problem with 20 as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem still happens in version 21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too. Any updates? I'm using Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem and am running the most recent version of CC. I also have a problem where the file extension doesnt automatically propagate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines