• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2018 Update - What happened...

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export media, all the installed presets from 2017 and previous are GONE! What the heck people. The choices in 2018 are limited. I want my choices back Adobe!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

If you are referring to H.264.

Yes Adobe cleaned that up, glad to, its a pain on Windows to scroll through.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you missing presets you created, or the standard ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vast majority of the 300 presets we scrolled through in previous versions were repeats with minor (if any!) variations from the same few presets. In reality, there were only a few different presets ... varying in the frame-rate and frame-size and bit-rate, mostly. So you had ones for say YouTube that were actually exactly the same as the ones for Vimeo at the same frame-rate/size/bit-rate.

Pick one by the frame-rate/size/bit-rate you need. Much easier to actually find one. Do NOT worry that 'there's no YouTube X-xy-z preset in the list!" ... as you just need something of the few parameters that matter.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard. Perhaps what you say is true, by there was an iphone, ipad, etc that compressed the file pretty good. Yet maintained the quality. Now, ALL the standard presets, what few there are, make the files really, really big. Those choices were nice to have and I am not happy Adobe chose to eliminate them. Any way I can retrieve them for 2018 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take one of the current presets that fits for frame-size/rate, and bring down the bit-rate settings until you get the file size you're used to for the length of file. Save as your own preset. Takes a minute or two to first do it, but then saves scrolling through the LONG list to find it after that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for your input. I have an older version on my other computer, and I can notate the settings, and recreate the one I need and use the most in CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to H.264.

Yes Adobe cleaned that up, glad to, its a pain on Windows to scroll through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to agree. But none of the current presets are very useful. I create video for web, email, etc. and there were some presets that did a nice job of compressing the file, but maintaining the quality of the video. Now, I get nothing but megabytes of video. 60, 100 or more. Way too large. I would suppose the video encoder can compress them to a good size, but that is another step. Let's make it harder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up your own presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? You dont miss the Amazon tablets presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This vídeo will help you.

Este vídeo explica como vc resolver o problema dos Presets do H264 no PREMIERE CC 2018

Em português.

Premiere Pro CC 2018 missing PRESETS - Presets faltando no Premiere CC 2018 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have preferred that they did sub-menus within the drop down menu instead of the long list to scroll.. Never like to see features and settings disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. At least in my case all the presets were preserved when I installed the 2018 version, including my custom presets. I didn't keep the 2017 version, but added it later and due to some lagging found in 2018, but the presets weren't a issue, both versions entirely have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reload 2017, some of us amateurs don't need too much of a learning curve each time we upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can operate 2017 you should be able to manage 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines