• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Kyle Brush ABRs from CC Assets

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a really annoying issue with Adobe Sketch that is essentially keeping me from using/loading the Kyle Brush ABR files into Sketch.

When I go to Add>Import from CC Assets in Sketch to load the brushes that I have saved to my CC Assets...it just hangs on the loading spinner.

I restart the app. Same issue.

I restart the iPad Pro. Same issue.

I make sure nothing is syncing to my CC Assets...still have the issue.

To verify the issue, I accessed my Assets thru both Draw and the Creative Cloud iOS issues with no problems.

I was able to load one set of the brushes one time. Ever since then I have had this issue where it hangs on the loading spinning wheel. It's really frustrating to not be able to use the brushes in Sketch as this is a feature I've waited a long time for.

If anyone from Adobe, or anyone at all, can tell me how to get around this so I can use the brushes as advertised I would appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Suzanne.

You can sign in to assets.adobe.com and on the file you want to remove, tap the dropdown arrow in the lower right corner and choose Archive.

That deletion should sync to the app and Sketch will stop trying to import it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you let me know which brush set(s) are not working? Do you have Photoshop on a desktop system as well to try syncing with Libraries?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not a specific brush set. Like I said the overriding issues is when I go to brushes>long press on a brush>select add>import from cc assets the loading spinner for loading cc assets appears but it never loads. The spinner spins on indefinitely. So technically I couldn’t load not only brushes but also anything else I might want to load from cc assets in sketch.

again cc assets shows all files are synced, and I am able to access cc assets in draw and the creative cloud iOS app.

to answer your question anyway I have no issues loading the brushes or seeing my assets in photoshop on my mac.b but the issue on my iPad Pro is different. It will not load anything from cc assets, just hangs on loading.

I was able to work around the issue by uploading the ABR files to Google Drive and importing them from there, but I would still like to fix this communica issue I’m having between Sketch and CC Assets for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TyrantJelly.

Sorry syncing isn't working.

The most important thing for importing brush files is a good Internet connection. Some brush libraries are extremely large and will take a very long time to download and if the download doesn't happen fast enough (due to a weak or intermittent wifi), the connection will time out or stall.

A few questions:

Are you having more trouble with large brush files? Have you tried importing a smaller set? Did that work?

Although it sounds like GoogleDrive worked okay for you, I've heard from people who've not had success with Creative Cloud who've tried Dropbox and that's seemed to also work well.

When it seems stuck in an endless sync, have you tried force-quitting the app, restarting your device, then relaunching and trying again?

Have you tried installing from a different wifi network?

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TyrantJelly​ I've had this issues with the screen hang when attempting to load brushes into Sketch since the beginning... It's very very annoying. I try signing out of Sketch and the CC app, I restart - nothing works. And Sue, it's not so much the internet connection or the size of brush set. It's that the Assets folder itself is not loading the assets available. I say "Import" and might want to import anything, an image, a brush set, etc. But the Assets folder just spins, nothing appears. And sign-in/out, power on/off doesn't shake it. I have let it spin for 30 minutes before it will kick on and see my Assets. Sometimes it's instant, sometimes I give up waiting. No change in internet connection. And again it's not whatever we're trying to load - it's even SEEING what is available to load.

Edit - I'm currently waiting on mine spinning as we speak. Did a search to find out I'm not alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks HStifanos.

The engineer who's worked on the Ps brushes import is out this week but I'm going to show him this thread when he gets back to the office to see if he has any ideas about what's going on or suggestions about how to resolve it.

In the past he's mentioned some constraints with regard to bringing brushes into Sketch from CC Files that don't exist when bringing them in from, say, Dropbox, but I do need to speak with him again about that.

Since it sounds so unusual that you're not even able to see your assets I have a few questions:

* If, for example, you have a file (a .pdf or .ai file) in the CC Files folder that you want to bring into an Image Layer in Sketch, how does that import process go? Does that go okay? Or does that not work?

* Can you see your brush files when you sign in (on a web browser) with your Adobe ID to assets.adobe.com/files? Do you have many large files in there?

* Can you send me a screenshot of what you see after tapping Add and Import From in Sketch's brushes menu?

* And one final thing... Can you go into Sketch and tap Settings then My Account then Storage, and check to make sure that there's still space available.

Please let me know. And thanks for posting.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue - thank you for replying.

This is not a brush specific issue. It's just very apparent when trying to load brushes, but this happens when say, loading a file from CC Assets to a new layer in Sketch. I did test it out and that too does hang and not show any assets. It works sometimes, and others nothing for upwards of 30 minutes. I'm on a fast stable internet connection. Have tried on other connections as well.

I see all my CC files in the Adobe CC app, online, in my synced folders on my PC.

I have plenty of space available, on my iPad and in CC. And I really don't have much in my CC in terms of files, so I'm not sure why it's hanging - I don't think it's related to space.

I took two screen recordings, what is the best way I can share them with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HStifanos.

I just emailed you at the addy you use for the forums.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you two screen recordings. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TyrantJelly.

My apologies. I just did not understand (despite the fact that you flat-out said it, until HStifanos said the exact same thing, that you're seeing NOTHING when you tap Import. So... ignore my earlier questions, and if you could, answer these instead:

* If, for example, you have a file (a .pdf or .ai file) in the CC Files folder that you want to bring into an Image Layer in Sketch, how does that import process go? Does that go okay? Or does that not work?

* Can you see your brush files when you sign in (on a web browser) with your Adobe ID to assets.adobe.com/files? Do you have many large files in there?

* Can you send me a screenshot of what you see after tapping Add and Import From in Sketch's brushes menu?

* And one final thing... Can you go into Sketch and tap Settings then My Account then Storage, and check to make sure that there's still space available.

And, one additional one:

Is this a new occurrence to this version (4.4) of the app? Brush import was available in v4.2; do you remember having this problem with that version?

Thanks for your time with this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue -

HStifanos nailed it 100%. This is precisely the issue.

- The import process is currently not working at all from CC Assets in Sketch.

- I can see my files from a web browser and in the Creative Cloud iOS app. Aside from the brush files, I do not have any large files in my assets, but would hope that would be inconsequential in the future.

- As for storage, I am using 1% of my 100 GB.

- I did have this issue in the older version of the app also as far as importing from CC Assets hanging up a lot, yes.

Here is a screen cap of the issue from my Pro:

IMG_0257.PNG

Thanks so much for all of your help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TyrantJelly.

Yep. Exactly what HStifanos said. I have to say... I have never heard of this happening before. It's just super strange that both of you are having trouble with your files loading.

Do you by any chance use Adobe Draw? If you do, can you try importing a file (from CC Assets) into an Image Layer?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have zero problems in Draw. Can see my files and import them. And my internet connection is great just to rule that out.

Here's a screen cap of me accessing CC Assets in Draw:

IMG_0258.PNG

This is a Sketch specific issue. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TyrantJelly.

Our "brushes" engineer thinks this has to do with a brushes import that began. But never finished. And that it's somehow gummed up asset syncing (he was much more technical in his explanation but I'll butcher it if I try to repeat it).

Can you try something for me?

Sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch and make sure all your work is showing up there.

IF all your work is there, uninstall Sketch, restart your iPad, then reinstall the app.

DO NOT uninstall Sketch if all your work is not synced. But let me know if it's not.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - I've also reinstalled Sketch and the synch worked once before hanging again. I am currently trying to import the new Kyle Webster .abr files, just to be clear. I can synch my project files just fine, the issue is isolated to brush files so far.

On another note, files seem to fail synching to ios via the CC app, and the .abr libraries are often incomplete. My desktop CC app will hang while synching files as well so I've resorted to uploading via browser. I have a great internet connection and a very solid home network, and these issues aren't replicated among other cloud services so it seems to be on Adobe's end.

Disappointed with this process to be honest, other services like dropbox work fine and I'd expect Adobe's services to provide a better experience. Uploading .abr files, downloading to my device, then adding to sketch is an onerous process to have to keep repeating and frankly I'll just abandon your cloud services after dipping my toes in for the 1st time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

My apologies about the trouble with brush import. Not long after TyrantJelly posted, I heard from the Sketch team that last-minute changes  to the way brushes were handled in Photoshop created problems with import in the current version of Sketch. It not only affects import  but can also affect brush usability.

A new version of Sketch, with a resolution to this upload problem should be available in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, can you try importing files this way and see if you have better luck (I think right now you're importing from the brushes menu, right?):

On your iPad go to http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/brushes.html

Tap the Download link for whatever brush library you want.

On the next screen you'll see a Copy to Sketch link. Tap that.

Will you let me know if you have better luck with doing it that way?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

I am having repeated problems with getting sketch files to upload to cc as

psd files. I could not get the brushes to work. I removed sketch from my

ipad. Then reinstalled it. The brushes then downloaded okay. But I cannot

get artwork from sketch to cc psd at all. The little wheel has been

spinning for hours.

I am having this problem since I upgraded to all apps a few weeks ago.

Please help!

Thanks

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suzanne.

I'm really sorry about all this trouble. It is definitely related to importing the brush files. A few questions:

Are you trying to Send from the Sketch to Photoshop CC on the desktop?

Or are you trying to Send to CC Files as PSD/PDF?

You updated all the desktop apps?

Can you also check what version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App you're using? (Tap the CC icon in the menu bar, then the three stacked dots, then Preferences; make sure you're using v4.3.0.256.)

When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch do you see all the work that's on your iPad represented there?

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes it is 4.3.0.256

Sending any artwork to cc as a pdf or psd is failing.

Sending artwork photoshop on mac desktop also failing.

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suzanne

OK, I'd like you to try a number of things, but first I want to make sure…

When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=sketch do you see all the work that's on your iPad represented there?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can see all the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suzanne.

Perfect. Try these steps in this order and see if it resets communication between the app and the desktop:

* Sounds like you updated Photoshop but make sure you're using version 19.0 (to check, open the app, then from the Photoshop CC menu choose About Photoshop.

*  Then close Photoshop and sign out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart your computer then log back in to the CC Desktop App.

* Before you try to send from Sketch, also sign out of Sketch (tap Settings, then the field with your name, then Sign Out), restart your device, then log back in to the app.

* Once both desktop and mobile are up-and-running, don't send one of your complex drawings but instead try creating a simple drawing  and sending that from Sketch to the desktop.

Let me know if the send is successful.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

I have done everything in the order you said and unfortunately it has not

worked. Small file from sketch not going to cc as psd file. Wheel still

spinning after 10mins. Could it be anything to do with the original

photoshop app expiring yesterday?

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just done sketch to desktop rhat went through...just wont go to cc as a psd

file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

File now showing in CC but wheel still spinning in app as though it is

still synching.

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines