6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2017 8:20 AM by EsHoney

Smooth Skin action not working with brush tool

acluka82

So I updated the app and now my brush tool is not working... it's showing it is in the layers but its not being applied to my image. And whenI use the bush there is a "tail" appearing... anyone experience this?

• 1. Re: Smooth Skin action not working with brush tool
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Adobe mad changes in the brush engine and added brush smoothing  somewhat like the Lazy Nezumi Pro plug-in does.  The is a preference you can use to turn off that string tail. If you still have problems post you action.

• 2. Re: Smooth Skin action not working with brush tool
            acluka82 Level 1

How can you turn it off?

• 3. Re: Smooth Skin action not working with brush tool

Do not know if touy can turn smoothing off you can turn the trail off.

Stroke smoothing

New in the October 2017 release

Photoshop can now perform intelligent smoothing on your brush strokes. Simply enter a value (0-100) for Smoothing in the Options bar when you're working with one of the following tools: Brush, Pencil, Mixer Brush, or Eraser. A value of 0 is the same as legacy smoothing in earlier versions of Photoshop. Higher values apply increasing amounts of intelligent smoothing to your strokes.

Stroke smoothing works in several modes. Clicking the gear icon () to enable one or more of the following modes:

Pulled String Mode

Paints only when the string is taut. Cursor movements within the smoothing radius leave no mark.

Stroke Catch Up

Allows the paint to continue catching up with your cursor while you've paused the stroke. Disabling this mode stops paint application as soon as the cursor movement stops.

Catch-Up On Stroke End

Completes the stroke from the last paint position to the point where you released the mouse/stylus control.

Adjust For Zoom

Prevents jittery strokes by adjusting smoothing. Decreases smoothing when you zoom in the document; increases smoothing when you zoom out.

eraser_smoothing
              Smoothing: Eraser tool

While using stroke smoothing, you may choose to view the brush leash, which connects the current paint location with the present cursor position. Select Preferences > Cursors > Show Brush Leash While Smoothing. You can also specify a color for the brush leash.

brush-leash
              Brush Leash preferences

• 4. Re: Smooth Skin action not working with brush tool
                acluka82 Level 1

Thanks for the tip.  I got the leah for the brush turned off but my action(s) are still now working So frustrated.

• 5. Re: Smooth Skin action not working with brush tool

Post your actions and state how they fail and which steps fail.

• 6. Re: Smooth Skin action not working with brush tool
                    EsHoney

Same thing has happened to me.  I have several actions for skin smoothing and most aren't working now since update.  I'm frustrated, as well.