• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit Capture Date in Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently migrated from Lightroom to Lightroom CC, I'm not yet sure if that was a wise move or not.  I like the speed and convenience of Lightroom CC but the lack of integration with Lightroom classic now means I can't use Lr Classic I think?

I see how to edit the capture date in Lightroom classic CC, and I did, but it doesn't seem to sync.  I have 3 catalogs in classic cc, but it says I can only sync one I guess.  I can't find how to edit the capture date in Lightroom CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

You can't edit the capture date in Lightroom CC. That will likely get added in a future update. You can use Lightroom Classic to do it but you should use the catalog that is set to sync with the cloud and make sure that the images you are changing are actually set to sync with the cloud and are the same as present in Lightroom CC. If you do this right Lightroom CC and Classic will integrate just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't edit the capture date in Lightroom CC. That will likely get added in a future update. You can use Lightroom Classic to do it but you should use the catalog that is set to sync with the cloud and make sure that the images you are changing are actually set to sync with the cloud and are the same as present in Lightroom CC. If you do this right Lightroom CC and Classic will integrate just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao.

I read somewhere that catalogs shouldn't exceed 100GB for performance reasons.  My previews were loading incredibly slow so i tried it and it seemed to help a bit.  I had split my photos/videos into three catalogs.  I just migrated all three to Lightroom CC.  Do you recommend I merge them somehow to get to the point where I can edit in Lr Classic CC in one synced catalog?

If not, maybe I will sync this one catalog until the edits take hold then unsync or sync a different one later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you imported all three sub catalogs into Lightroom Cc my advice would be to create a new empty catalog in Classic and then set that to Sync with the cloud. You’ll get all your images back in Lightroom Classic in one new catalog. Might be the cleanest solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Jao, you've been very helpful with this.  I will do as you recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Did anything change since last year ?

I have a set of old AVI videos that were marked with the day of the import.

Thanks.

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can now edit the date and time of photos, if that helps:

Learn how to organize your photos in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines