• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw as Filter causes PS 2018 to crash

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to Photoshop 2018 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine with 16 GB of RAM. I found that when using Camera as Filter it crashes Photoshop. Launching Camera Raw from the filter menu is fine ACR opens and allow edit/changes to be made however after clicking the OK button I'm brought back to Photoshop and Photoshop no longer responds instead I have to launch the Windows Task Manager and "end the task." Does anyone kjnow a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Solutions

1. Update Photoshop & Camera Raw.
    2. Update your video adapter driver.
    3. Disable third-party graphics accelerators

Third-party GPU overclocking utilities and haxies are not supported (examples include Riva Tuner and MSI Afterburner).

1. Disable Automatic graphics switching under the Energy Saver tab in the System Preferences (Mac OS).
  2. Replace your video adapter with a newer, compatible video adapter.
  3. Deselect Use Graphics Processor in the Camera Raw preferences:
    • Mac OS: Choose Photoshop > Preferences > C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solutions

1. Update Photoshop & Camera Raw.
    2. Update your video adapter driver.
    3. Disable third-party graphics accelerators

Third-party GPU overclocking utilities and haxies are not supported (examples include Riva Tuner and MSI Afterburner).

1. Disable Automatic graphics switching under the Energy Saver tab in the System Preferences (Mac OS).
  2. Replace your video adapter with a newer, compatible video adapter.
  3. Deselect Use Graphics Processor in the Camera Raw preferences:
    • Mac OS: Choose Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw.
    • Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bahaar, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I wanted to clarify a few things that I probably should have initially mentioned. My GPU is not overclocked, Item number 1 of your reply would not apply as I am running Windows 7 64 bit and item number 3, Graphics Processor option for Camera Raw was not selected.  Related to item 2 rather run out and purchase a new adapter as suggested I have tried downloading the latest video driver for my adapter before spending additional money on a new adapter however the issue still persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attention Bahaar Kham Oct 24, 2017.  Regarding latest update for PS CC 2018 with ACR.  ACR was crashing PS CC 2018 when opening Canon CR2 RAW files via PS Open, double-clicking image icon and opening via new Bridge 2018. I tried all recommendations that I found at Adobe Forums and others on internet regarding the new version of PS CC 2018 crashing. Then I found your your instructions here in reply to Howard53's problem with ACR crashing PS 2018 when ACR was used as a filter. You suggested to Deselect Use Graphics Processor in the Camera Raw setting. Wow; I uninstalled, re-installed, changed settings, reset PS Preferences, checked for updates to video driver, etc. and nothing worked until I Deselected Use Graphics Processor in the Camera Raw preferences. Such a little thing that use to be deselected but down loading the newest PS CC 2018 version must have set this item to the Selected position.  Thanks again Bahaar Kham. I have printed your suggestions posted here to save for next time I can not figure this problem out by my self. Your humble servant; Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts on if trying to even ACCESS the Camera Raw setting crashes PS too? I click on Edit>Camera Raw and PS immediately crashes. This happens now on PSCC 2018 as well as the previous versions I tried to install. Camera Raw can't be rolled back so I'm unable to go to previous version of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat with Camera Raw crashing when trying to open the Preferences in Photoshop. Can't open raw files or Jpgs due to this. Every other file format is fine in Photoshoip. Camera Raw doesn't show as an option to "open in" in bridge either. I'm also on a Windows 7 64-bit machine with CC 2018 and the latest Camera Raw installed. Everything hit the fan today after the updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AMD Driver update did the trick for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help you Gary! Glad your issue is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Camera Raw Preferences from Bridge and uncheck "use graphics processor"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Bridge just to do this; found that the default was unchecked already, so I'm still in the same boat.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried that various times. Doesn't fix the issue on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines