• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 no longer able to set as default app

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After watching a tutorial on the refine brush tool for masking, it was advised to use photoshop 2015 since you can have parallel installs. I am working on a PC with Windows 10. Since installing 2015 I cannot set Photoshop 2017 as a default for anything, it is not even an oprtion. I can only select from the windows app store. I am guessing this s a registry fix so I am hoping someone can direct me to that edit.

Thanks!

RL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer have many versions of Photoshop Installed for window 10 Preview build Green screened and I had to install Windows 10 to get my machine working.   So all my application needed to be installed.  So I decided to only install the version of Photoshop that I had installed that I felt were useful to have.  I did not install CS2, CS3, CC, CC 2015, CC 2015.5 and CC 2017.   I installed CS6, CC 2014 and CC 2018 to test.  I use CC 2014.  However,  installing CC 2018 changed many file type association to CC 2018, and made CC 2018 the default Photoshop application.   I use Regedit to change Windows Photoshop.exe key shell commands Edit and open from CC 2018 back to CC 2014.  I also change some File Type extension from CC 2018 to CC 2014. Either using Windows 10 settings or from windows explorer "open with" and "chose other application" where  I checked the Always check box.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RL,

Please rename the app "Photoshop.exe" to "PhotoshopCC2018.exe" and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines