• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Encore not included with Premier Pro CC as advised previously?

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased versions of Creative Suite CS6 and the popular plan for CC 2017.  I was advised that Encore would be included with Premier Pro CC when purchased.  Information I can find reveals that I need to use Encore CS6.

Is this my only option to create DVDs or Blu-ray?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

>pity Encore was not updated into CC.

Parts of Encore were licensed from another company, which was bought and "killed" by yet another company... Adobe seems to have decided not to try and write a completely new version of Encore

>Presumably ImgBurn comes at extra cost

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons... Set Imgburn to use the slowest burn speed your drive and media will use... I set my burn speed to 1x and let Imgburn adjust to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore is a tool to author dvds and BDs.

In order to get Encore you need to install Premiere CS6 from the CC app.

Export from Premiere 2017 with mpeg2-dvd or H.264 bluray preset.

Load files in Encore, make menu and burn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an Image File(iso) in Encore.  Use ImgBurn to burn your DVD or Blu-ray discs.  Trying to burn your discs in Encore is not usually very successfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to get Encore using a Cloud subscription https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372985

-and more on previous versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2389056 see reply #3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replied to this single input that should also include the previous from Ann Bens and Michael Stehly.

I had included in my question that I already purchased Creative Suite CS6.  This includes Encore CS6 in addition to other CS6 apps including Premier Pro CS6. Using Encore CS6, I have successfully created menus with DVDs from videos using a Panasonic PV-DV952 digital tape camcorder.

Ann had suggested I use Cineon for Pro Res editing Exports for Sony 60 fps HD AVCHD video to maintain resolution.  As I have found this appears to be similar to an Adobe MXF file.  In the final Export, I will use either mpeg2-dvd or H.264 bluray preset for DVD or Blu-ray.

Michael has useful information to create an Image File(iso) in Encore for use with ImgBurn to burn DVD or Blu-ray discs if Encore burns create problems.  Presumably ImgBurn comes at extra cost.

I now find that CC 2017 has been upgraded to simply CC in the latest updates.  It is a pity Encore was not updated into CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ImgBurn is a free download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>pity Encore was not updated into CC.

Parts of Encore were licensed from another company, which was bought and "killed" by yet another company... Adobe seems to have decided not to try and write a completely new version of Encore

>Presumably ImgBurn comes at extra cost

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons... Set Imgburn to use the slowest burn speed your drive and media will use... I set my burn speed to 1x and let Imgburn adjust to the actual minimum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann had suggested I use Cineon for Pro Res editing Exports for Sony 60 fps HD AVCHD video to maintain resolution.  As I have found this appears to be similar to an Adobe MXF file.

When/where did I advice this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologise for my mistake.  You advised I use Cineform.  I have confused this with Cineon from an alternate source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Cineform as for in proxy and intermediate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines