• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to Lightroom 6 has made me buy a subscription

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I gladly pushed on the button that said I had an update to my stand alone version of Lightroom 6.

Opened it today to find that it had switched me to the trial of Lightroom CC.

Searched the forum to see how to switch back, followed the points. But now even my adobe accounts shows that even though I fully purchased L6 in June 2016, it won't show me my license number.

And when I click enter license No on the Lightroom startup it tells me I have not had a product before.

in short this is Bulls*it.

I was happy with my standalone product. You have taken it without consent really. Nowhere does it state if you press this button we will start charging you each month..

Please help fix this. It seems I'm not the only one unhappy

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the trouble, and Adobe has apologized for that happening... Please see this related Forum thread for more details and the steps to take:

Lightroom 6 Update to Lightroom Classic - Serial vs. Subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Cloud takes over https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2089127 for some ideas (see reply #1)

download Lightroom https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

-you will need to enter your original serial number during install for non-Cloud programs

I can't help with why your purchase serial number does not show on your account page Adobe ID but did you not write your serial number down and safeguard your number in a file in a desk drawer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the trouble, and Adobe has apologized for that happening... Please see this related Forum thread for more details and the steps to take:

Lightroom 6 Update to Lightroom Classic - Serial vs. Subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scottp55479247 I am sorry that you updated to Lightroom Classic CC through the Creative Cloud desktop app.  I am curious what other Adobe software titles do you have installed on the computer?  Do any of them include the Creative Cloud desktop app?

For complete information on how to revert to Photoshop Lightroom 6 please see Update to Lightroom Classic CC uninstalls earlier Lightroom versions which discusses the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, that page is helpful in trying to correct the situation, or avoid it from happening in the first place. It's good that you were able to post that help article quickly.

But isn't there also the question of showing "Update" in the CC Desktop app for a new product that isn't a free upgrade from Lightroom 6, for those customers affected? Will something be done about that?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim I am planning to test the experience myself.  I am still trying to understand why Lightroom 6 license holders also have the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application installed.  I have a couple use cases but the majority should not even have the Creative Cloud desktop app installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow-up –

Adobe has just addressed/fixed this issue, and also apologized:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/10/lightroom-classic-cc-7-0-1.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. thanks for ALL your help.

Deleted CC version re-downloaded LR6 and BANG back in business. Even shows my serial number now back in my Adobe account-still weird it disappeared before though.

have deleted the CC desktop app, but this was very amateur from Adobe

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines