• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having Issues with Adobe Sketch Sync

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync is taking hours to not occur, even after shutting down app on iPad and performing multiple restarts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Alice.

Thanks for posting about your experience with importing brush files.

I'm going to bring this up with the product team and it really helps to get multiple viewpoints of the same issue.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark.

I'm sorry sync isn't working correctly.  Can you give me a bit more information about what's happening?

What version of Sketch are you using? (Tap Settings then About Sketch.)

Is this a very recent occurrence? That is, did you happen to notice when it started happening? Had you been working on a complex drawing prior to sync slowing down?

How are you noticing that sync is slow? Are you seeing an endless spinner when you launch a drawing? If so, is it happening with every drawing?

Any additional information you can give me will help

One final thing: Please sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud and see if all the work on your iPad is represented there.

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I have either a "Sync in progress" note or a spinning blue circle for the past day.

According to the iPad app, the version of Adobe Sketch I have is the latest at 4.4.

It is a very recent occurrence as of maybe days ago. Only yesterday did I notice that it seemed to have not sync. And no, the drawing was no more complex that any of the other drawings with a few layers on top of an image. The PSD images I export are a typical 70 MBs. I cannot tell if the sync is slow or faster as there is no indication in the app for that. Only that I'm using about 5% of 20GB.

I did create new project and then move all the image/sketches to that project, but nothing has sync'd over to the Adobe web site that I can see.

I have logged into the Adobe site. It appears I can send any image to the desktop app or to the files that will sync with my MacBook Pro. It does appear that the Mobile Creations, Sketch that nothing is in sync from about two days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thorsenmark.

OK. It sounds like there may be a drawing might be hanging things up. But I am super concerned that your work isn't syncing.

A couple more questions:

Do you by any chance remember which drawing you were working on last before this syncing problem started?

How many drawings haven't synced since you've noticed this?

Can you the drawings that aren't showing up on assets.adobe.com as PSDs to your Creative Cloud Files folder?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that one image (stopped sync'ing after about a 1/3 through the sketch) and the arrangement of images in a project are hanging up. Or that's when it last stopped sync'ing.

I cannot see any of the two changes above in the adobe asset's site. I guess the arrangement doesn't matter but the image 1/3 the way through is the only one. On my iPad, I've finished the sketch but the asset's site only shows a 1/3 done.

I would also note that I can't log out of the iPad sketch app. The app wants to finish the backup...which doesn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went ahead and removed the Sketch app from my iPad. The sync appears to be functioning, but I did lose all the work on one image...or at least what was stored on my iPad. I was able to send the image to PS. Thanks for your thoughts, but it appears to have been an issue that only cleaning it out could solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thorsenmark.

Yes, I knew that you would have to uninstall/reinstall. I was just hoping to get the current version of that drawing saved before you had to do that; I don't like it when people lose work/creative time. I'm glad you were able to save a portion of it at any rate.

Does it seem like that was the problem drawing? Just keep an eye on sync for a couple of days (just sign in assets.adobe.com and make sure things look "current").

If you run into this again, that is, notice that the app isn't syncing, get in touch with me through the in-app feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that was different was that I'd installed a few of Kyle's brushes recently. I'm not certain if that "extra" load had anything to do with it. It's functioning now with the brushes, but I will be keeping an eye on sync'ing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Sketch before until yesterday when I saw Kyle's brushes were available. Then, after I downloaded a few of his brush sets from assets, my sync acted up. Shortly before your post, someone else posted a similar issue trying to access Kyle Brushes through assets. I wonder if it's related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alice.

Thanks for posting about your experience with importing brush files.

I'm going to bring this up with the product team and it really helps to get multiple viewpoints of the same issue.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thorsenmark.

Thanks. This, about importing a brush set, and then noticing sync acting up, is actually really good information. Especially in light of Alice also saying she noticed it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling the size of the uploading of some brush groupings might have caused an issue, but that is just a guess. I've uploaded smaller brush sets, but the size of Kyle's brushes that are now available for CC users are quite large. It is possible that something could be needed with a good Internet connection or a backup before loading them might be desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thorsenmark.

Thank you. Again. For all your insight about what you think happened while/after importing brush files.

Although we had heard from people having trouble importing the files, over the past couple of days we've heard from people with a different set of issues that may be related to trying to bring in these HUGE brush files.

I'll bring all of this up with the product team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have checked my Adobe Assets and my last work is not there! I have a deadline to send work to my client this weekend that I am doing in Sketch and now I am freaking out!

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Makomeh.

I'm not quite understanding what's going on. If you can give me some additional details it would be helpful. You can also contact me through the in-app feedback (tap Settings then Send Feedback).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, much appreciated.

I have been having issues with Sketch for days, but had not been paying attention. The app seems to be in permanent sync mode, and ocassionally would not let me transform a layer and things like that. I have now realized that all my work is NOT in the Creative Cloud. I am not able to send the work to the Cloud or to PS. I have only been able to save it in Procreate with no layers. I don’t dare to reinstall the app as I am afraid of loosing the files and layers. Also to note, I recently uploaded a few packs of Kyle’s brushes.

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue. I saw my message is now post in the forums. Any insights in my problem? Many thanks

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makomeh.

It looks like Creative Cloud services are down. And what I need you to do requires accessing your account online. I'm going to keep an eye on it and I'll post what I'd like you to try as soon as things are functioning correctly.

These things usually don't take too long to resolve.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makomeh.

Is NONE of your work in Creative Cloud? Or just the current drawing you're working on? How many drawings are on your iPad that aren't showing up on assets.adobe.com?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makomeh.

You may still not be able to check this because Creative Cloud syncing services are still down.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I realized that quite a few pieces are not in the Creative Cloud. However, it is not necessarily the latest pages. It is a few whole projects which do not appear there, including the current one I am working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makomeh.

I can't tell by your response: These are projects/drawings that are showing up on your iPad and not showing up online?

I'm asking because is there ANY chance you have more than one account (don't sign out of the app if there is any chance you have another account because any work that's not synced could be deleted if you sign in with a different account)?

Have you ever used another email address for an Adobe product?

Do you by any chance have a work account and a personal account?

Do you have any other Adobe apps on this same device that could have automatically logged you in with a different account?

Creative Cloud sync is still down (Adobe System Status) so I can't have you check your account online

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makomeh.

I haven't heard from you so wanted to check in. Can you let me know what you found?

You can post here or contact me through the in-app feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makomeh.

I just responded to your in-app feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines