• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I disable Trusted Location Settings?

Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we would like to disable Trusted Locations in the Local Settings Manager for our users:

Flash Player Local Settings Manager * Trusted Location Settings...

In our company only administrators should be able to configure these settings.

I've added AllowUserLocalTrust = 0 to my mms.cfg file. Unfortunately this setting doesn't seem have any effect. Users still can set files or folders to as a trusted location.

mms.cfg is in the correct folder because other settings do work fine.

I would be very happy if someone could help us to disable the Trusted Location Settings.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, mms.cfg settings do not change the behavior the end-user sees in the UI, but do change the actual behavior.

If you're testing the actual behavior and the flag is not working as you expect, can you please tell us what operating system, browser and corresponding version(s) we're talking about?  We'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for offering help. First, I'm sorry for my late reply. I was quite busy.

We are using Windows 7 Enterprise (32bit), Internet Explorer 11 and Flash 27.0.0.170

The latest patches from Microsoft have been applied. We have this issue since a long time. Imo this is a general issue and not version specific.

btw, mms.cfg settings DO change the behavior the end-user sees. For example AVHardwareDisable=1 deactivates the camera options in the Flash Player Settings Manager.

I would like to do the same for the Trusted Location Settings button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

Please feel free to file a bug over at https://tracker.adobe.com/.

If you reply here with the bug number, I'll get an email notification, and will route it over to the team for consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filed a bug, but I'm not sure if it worked. I have received the following Bug Id: FP-4198703

However when I login to Tracker it says that I haven't created any issues. So I've tried again and received Bug Id: FP-4198704

I have waited 24 hours and the tracker still does not show my issues.

Could you verify theses Bug ID's please?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find both bugs.  I closed FP-4198704 as a duplicate of FP-4198703.   I'm not sure why it's not being reflected for you, but I've opened a copy to the engineering team for consideration.  It's a reasonable request.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your great support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines