Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export specifications

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried Adobe XD, it looks really great to build prototypes.

But as a UX designer, I need to provide a lot of specifications (for developpers, marketings, testers and different stakeholders).
Usually I add many descriptions near to a flow or a screen, to explain clearly some conditional events, some spécifities.
I don't get how to export my work with Adobe XD (in PDF by exemple), with comments, flows, screen (well organized).

If you got tips, links, they are welcome, I searched during few hours but I can't find any solution.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Starting next month we will be rolling out a new feature that automatically creates an interactive specs view that you can share with your developers.  Check out this blog post for more info: What’s Next for Adobe XD CC? | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

If you need more manual control over the annotations people will see, you could manually draw them into your design in XD (a process called redlining).  Then you can export this to a file (PDF or PNG) or publish as a shared prototype online.

If you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a better way that I don't know about, but you could use the comments features, and add all of your directions there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting next month we will be rolling out a new feature that automatically creates an interactive specs view that you can share with your developers.  Check out this blog post for more info: What’s Next for Adobe XD CC? | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

If you need more manual control over the annotations people will see, you could manually draw them into your design in XD (a process called redlining).  Then you can export this to a file (PDF or PNG) or publish as a shared prototype online.

If you need to create a view that shows all your artboards organized together in space, with annotations outside or between the artboards, then I'd suggest you export each artboard as a separate PNG file (you can do this if you choose File > Export with nothing selected; or use Shift-click to select just the artboards you want).  Then you can import all the artboard images into a new file, and arrange them spatially however you want, draw in annotations, and then re-export that combined view as either a PDF or a PNG itself.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply.

I played with annotations, it is usefull, but I think it is more a community tool to get feedbacks, instead of a proper tool to indicate design specifications.

By specifications I mean by exemple:

to define a rule for the ordering of a list:

- List ordered by date

- If date is today, a header is displayed and  blablabla
- If date is yesterdat, there is no header and blablabla

or to explain cleary what kind of content is displayed:

- If a card has been pushed less than 3 days ago by the marketing and the user didn't see it, it is displayed in priroity 0 by using the card component "Event"

- If a card has been rated by at leat 3 of user's friend, it is displayed in priority 1, by using the card component "friend"

Ideally I would have two differents views, one wich is the prototype to understand how to navigate into the app, and another one for each screen where I can add some specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you are right, it is more a new feature request.
I'm gonna to check all links and add my vote to the proper requests.

Thanks for your feedbacks.
Matthieu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines