• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic glitches - Illustrator CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched to Illustrator 2018, and these graphic bugs are really annoying, and make the program next to useless. When zooming in/out these white boxes appears randomly everywhere.

Not that this is a stroke.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 14.15.31.png

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

looks like yet more GPU preview artifacts. toggle it off to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like yet more GPU preview artifacts. toggle it off to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Doug. You can access the option to disable GPU Performance quickly by clicking on the rocketship in Illustrator's top menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SO much this has been bugging me for about a month or so!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this same issue and it makes it next to impossible to work. Is this an Adobe problem or a macOS HS problem? I understand turning GPU acceleration off will "fix" the issue but that also means I'm going to be giving up performance. Is there a fix in the works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WBuck33  schrieb

I also have this same issue and it makes it next to impossible to work. Is this an Adobe problem or a macOS HS problem? I understand turning GPU acceleration off will "fix" the issue but that also means I'm going to be giving up performance. Is there a fix in the works?

It's a problem with compatibility between the OS, the graphic card drivers and Illustrator. Each time one of those gets an update, it's possible that something breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be it? Take a look at the first topic. Seems like Adobe and Apple are working on it!

Known issues - Running Illustrator CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hope they find the solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit Command & E withc will take you out of CPU preview will still runnign it smoothly. To go back just press command E AGAIN. (I use illustrator 2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, is there any update for this yet? The problem isn't just on screen. Disabling the CPU preview hides the error on screen, but the problem is still showing on the exported file. Haven't been able to find a work around for this in any way, except for not using Illustrator 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is actually GPU Performance—not CPU. It is an onscreen viewing problem with the preview. If you are having a problem with the exported file then it is for some other reason. I would guess that possibly you've exported your Illustrator as a png or a jpeg and have enlarged it and are seeing pixelization. Please upload a screen shot of the problem to verify what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate the problem on any Mac running Illy 2018. Place a 1-bit image, then rotate it. The artifacts appear. Toggling the GPU performance off and on hides the defect, but if you export to any format (preview on or off), the defect is present.

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 3.36.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-04 at 3.36.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add, I can save this exact file and open in Illy 2017 (or any other version for that matter) and the problem is not present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did this image look like in its original program? Was it live text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a 1-bit BMP image, made in photoshop. Placed in Illustrator, then rotated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharesky71  schrieb

It is a 1-bit BMP image, made in photoshop. Placed in Illustrator, then rotated.

This thread is not about placed images.

And if you want to report a bug, please do that over there: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

The engineers don't read this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse my ignorance. The thread title says "GRAPHICS GLITCHES ILLUSTRATOR 2018", I didn't see where there restrictions what what type of graphic can be discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried replicating your problem with a 1 bit image from Photoshop. By its very nature being one bit it is fuzzy looking from the get-go. On screen in Illustrator on my system (Mac Pro late 2013 running Sierra and CC 2018) it actually looked better with GPU preview than CPU. However, when outputting to pdf there was no problem with it. It looked, in all cases, just like it originally looked in Photoshop. If, as you say, it did not happen when you used CC 2017 then perhaps you can try trashing your preferences for your CC 2018.

To do so:

With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and “com.adobe.Illustrator.plist”. When Illustrator is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files in this manner is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not a preferences issue. I can reproduce the same result on any Mac running Illustrator 2018. The same file (or any 1-bit image), placed into any illustrator 2018 document yields the same result.

I too am using a Late 2013 Mac Pro, with 10.13.5, and Illustrator 22.1

To avoid any issues with any moderators, I will heed the advice of a fellow poster, and take my gripe to the bug forum.

Thanks for your help Bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines