Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discolored boxes when printing

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-

My PDF looks perfect but when I print it the transparency isn’t working. I have a PSD image over a green box, and where the image is transparent it changes the green box to be a brighter green box.  In InDesign, the transparency blend space is in RGB (for printing) and when I go to print to adobe pdf I set the output>color is composite RGB.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Paige

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print files are prepared in CMYK, but that isn’t probably the problem.

It would be of use to have more information on the system you use: OS and version, Photoshop version and Acrobat version. It may also be important to tell more about the printer.

One easy solution I have found helping me a lot, when I have print problems is “Print as image” in the advanced section of the print dialogue. This option lets Acrobat do the hard work of page composition and sends an image to the printer. Printer or driver related problems are so circumvented. The drawback is, that printing takes more time and the print job is bigger in Mb.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately 'print as image' didn't work for me. I am using Photoshop CC and Indesign CC and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC with Microsoft. I have tried placing both PNGs and PSDs into my indesign document. I first Print to PDF from indesign and then to a HP Laserjet 5550 dtn.

Any other ideas?

Best,

Paige

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Indesign you should export to PDF, not print. The prefered Indesign route is export to PDF, print the PDF with Acrobat.

It would be interesting seeing what you see on screen in Indesign and on Acrobat.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines