Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Main Photoshop window is blank even while a file is open, I can't see my work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It's Been like this since the last major Suite update, about a year I think. I am very time poor so have endured it with the work around that if I drag the window off the main window which has the tool bar on it, the work appears (so it is in a window that is free/separate from the main one which holds the tool bar). Sometimes I can make work appear by dragging the window back to the tool palette window. However, a lot of the time I can't. I am a business owner with multiple Macs and Adobe suites, I am the only one who has this issue.

Any help welcomed.

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

HI

What version of Photoshop are you using and what GPU/GPUs (to check go to Photoshop >Help>System Info press copy and post here)

I have not experienced those symptoms but if I did , I would do the following in this order , checking each time whether there was a change.

1. Ensure Photoshop is up to date.

2. Go to preferences >Performance and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. This is not a final fix but may help narrow it down,

3. Reset preferences by going to Preferences >General >Reset Preferences on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

What version of Photoshop are you using and what GPU/GPUs (to check go to Photoshop >Help>System Info press copy and post here)

I have not experienced those symptoms but if I did , I would do the following in this order , checking each time whether there was a change.

1. Ensure Photoshop is up to date.

2. Go to preferences >Performance and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. This is not a final fix but may help narrow it down,

3. Reset preferences by going to Preferences >General >Reset Preferences on Quit then close and restart Photoshop

4. Uninstall and reinstall (but before doing that please post your system details to see if we can spot anything in your set up.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. I was one upgrade behind, and running the upgrade appears to have corrected this glitch. I will keep your post incase it returns at which time I will try your other suggestions. Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help.

Given that you are running CC you should have been given better support from Adobe customer care (as per your other post) however - hopefully you have seen the back of that issue.

Incidentally, you can have more than one version installed at a time, so if you wanted to check, you can still try CC2017 on your PC. I have several versions installed here (it is sometimes handy if a bug creeps in on a release). To do that go to the desktop app and click the down arrow next to Open - then choose "previous versions"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines