34 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2018 7:19 AM by Chica_Sands

Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018

Polycontrast Level 1

After updating to Photoshop CC 2018 and Bridge CC 2018 the Image Processor Pro (IPP) does not display under the Bridge > Tools > Photoshop menu.

The IPP dependencies were copied from the Photoshop 2017 to Photoshop 2018. The IPP can be accessed from Photoshop CC 2018 > File > Automate > Image processor Pro.. but not from Bridge CC 2018.

Currently, Photoshop CC 2017 and Bridge CC 2917 are installed locally and the IPP does display under the Bridge > Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor Pro...

Which IPP version have Mac users been able to successfully install in Bridge CC 2018 in OSX High Sierra?

Environment:

OSX High Sierra

MacBook Pro 2015

• 1. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Make sure all the bridges startup scripts are enabled

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
            Polycontrast Level 1

Yes, I checked that. They are all enabled and I am not able to see the IPP in Br CC 2018.

• 3. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018

Are you sure you have all the startup scripts I show enabled on your system. Including Image Processor Pro start up script. it is in this folder and its name is photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx  from the image processor pro download.

Capture.jpg

• 4. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                Polycontrast Level 1

The photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx is not listed in the OSX Bridge start up scripts and I have no way of enable it.

The files is located in the Photoshop directory according to the installation instructions for a Mac.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 9.06.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 8.45.24 PM.png

• 5. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018

I use windows you may have found a mac problem the Startup script seems to be "Dr. Browns's Services" which you show as checked in your Bridge Startup Scripts.

If you look in "photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx" you should see this

// (c) Copyright 2008.  Adobe Systems, Incorporated.  All rights reserved.

/*

@@@BUILDINFO@@@ Dr. Brown's Services.jsx 2.1.9

*/

/*

@@@START_XML@@@

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ScriptInfo xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xml:lang="en_US">

<dc:title>Dr. Brown's Services</dc:title>

<dc:description>This script enables a great set of tools from the one and only, Dr. Brown.</dc:description>

</ScriptInfo>

@@@END_XML@@@

*/

• 6. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                    Polycontrast Level 1

In a Mac the startup script photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx is listed as the Dr.Brown's Services under the Bridge preferences Startup Scripts.

To correct the issue, I have disabled/enabled all scripts, remove/reinstall/re-enable the script without success.

Now, in Bridge CC 2017 the IPP is listed under the Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor Pro..

Apparently Bridge CC 2018 is not able to communicate with the script.

Has anyone using a Mac with OSX High Sierra been able to successfully install an run the IPP?

• 7. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                      jahaik Level 1

I am also having this same problem, all the script files are in the correct location but the script does not appear in photoshop or bridge. This has not been a problem for me with the past few versions of OSX/Photoshop

• 8. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018

So far the those reporting this problem are  Using CC 2018 on a Mac.

• 9. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                          Polycontrast Level 1

Check and see if the IPP listed under PSCC 2018 > About Plugins.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 9.16.20 PM.png

• 10. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                            xbytor2 Level 4

I'm not ignoring you folks. Waiting for a new CC key from Adobe then I'll try and get this straightened out.

-X

2 people found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                              jahaik Level 1

It shows up like yours in the "About Plug-ins" but does not appear under "File > Scripts"

Thanks xbytor!

• 12. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                Jens Gaethje Level 1

Same here on El Capitan. Bridge 2018 does not load any of the scripts, but NIK. They are enabled in the preferences, but are actually not in the Bridge Script folder. I have copied them in there manually from Photoshop, but Bridge gives error messages.

They work fine when I start them from Photoshop.

UPDATE: Had to install the latest Photoshop and then manually copy the scripts and presets over from the previous version, then Bridge  2018 recognized them. Take a note of the folder hosting the xml presets from IPP if you use them; IPP will not find them on first run !!

• 13. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                  jahaik Level 1

Yeah I can get IPP to show up in the Tools>Photoshop Menu in Bridge if I copy the script file to Bridge's Startup Scripts folder, but it just launches Photoshop and then does nothing...I just tried the latest update for everything as well and no dice...Would REALLY like my output recipes back, I forgot how terrible the built in image processor is!

• 14. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                    Jens Gaethje Level 1

I was able to move all IPP files from the old photoshop script folders to the new by hand.

Same in Bridge and then started everything again and it worked.

jensgaethjephotography.com

www.facebook.com/JensGaethjePhotography

www.instagram.com/jensgaethjephotography

• 15. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                      BenElliott-UK Level 1

I have tried to follow this thread but I'm struggling. Can someone enlighten me, please?

I used to use Image Processor Pro as an extension in version 2015 and have files stored on a separate hard drive as an installation backup. The file is "ImageProcessorPro-3_2b5.zxp"

But I cannot find extension manager not can I see how to add these from the desktop Creative Cloud app. I cannot get to the Adobe extension web page, it just doesn't want to load.

I'm running PS CC v2018 on a Win10 machine.

Will this file run on my version of PS CC? If so, how do I install it?

I know I'm a bit dim but this is driving me mad.

Thanks.

Ben

• 16. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                        xbytor2 Level 4

The zxp file will not work with any CC releases. You will have to do an install with the zip file. Installation instructions are included. I'm not sure if they work for v2018 (the only problems I've heard of are on the Mac) but I am working on a new release that I hope to kick out the door that has a few new features and bug fixes.

• 17. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                          jahaik Level 1

awesome! do you have a mailing list or anything of the like that you use to notify people of new releases? I still haven't gotten cc 2018 to work on my mac but have been making due with the stock image processor in the meantime. would love to know when there's a new version

• 18. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                            xbytor2 Level 4

When I drop a new release, I post in the scripting forum and the main PS forum.

• 19. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                              BenElliott-UK Level 1

I have followed your directions and manually installed the files highlighted in the folders required for mu 64-bit Win 10 machine. I ran the script from Bridge. PS crashed but, I re-ran the script from Bridge and everything worked well so I am thinking that all is well until you succeed in creating a stable version for PS 2018.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

• 20. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                sergeic81832109 Level 1

I had the same problem but I think I found a way to fix it, at least for Windows 7.

I've installed the IPP manually.  I could see IPP in Photoshop CC 2018 (File / Automate / ...), but I could not use it from Bridge CC 2018 (Tools / Photoshop /).  What worked for me in the end:

1. Open Bridge CC 2018

2. Open Preferences / Startup Scripts (That is, Ctrl-K, then click on Startup Scripts).  Note that "Dr. Brown's Services" was there and was highlighted.

3. Click on "Reveal My Startup Scripts".  This will open the folder when your personal Bridge startup scripts are.  In my case, the folder is "C:\Users\[MY USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge CC 2018\Startup Scripts"

4. Copy the file "photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx" to that folder.

5. Restart Bridge CC 2018

After these steps I can see "Image Processor Pro" in the Bridge's "Tools/Photoshop" menu.

TL;DR:   If you installed everything as you should and it still doesn't work, try copying the file "photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx" in the folder with your personal Bridge startup scripts. In my case, the folder is "C:\Users\[MY USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge CC 2018\Startup Scripts"

NOTE: When I remove "photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx" from this folder, I don't see IPP in the Bridge any more.  When I copy it again, I see IPP in the Bridge again.

I hope this is helpful for someone.  I, for certain, love having my old workflow back.

• 21. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                  Polycontrast Level 1

Has anyone found a work around for the Image Processor Pro (IPP) in Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.2 in Mac OSX High Sierra? Still unable to use IPP in PSCC 2018.

• 22. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                    Chica_Sands Level 1

Spent some other hours trying... I think it works.

I run High Sierra 10.13.4 for imac and macbook pro.

Nothing worked on my laptop. Been uninstalling PS CC2018 then Bridge, X bytor's wonderful 3_2b5 version, the last one he has released, but nothing in Tools, never, rebooting etc... nothing.

BUT it works on my iMac  - where I can also see my old Dr Brown 2.3.4 in Bridge Tools.

So, I have re - downloaded Dr Brown's last "Services installer 2.3.1" with the manual install for his last version of Image Processor Pro.

FIX for me:

And I added his Dr Brown Services.jsx to Bridge's Stratup scripts alongside to the actual bridge-8.jsx

Root/ library/ Application Support/ Adobe/ startup scripts CC/ Adobe Brige CC 2018/Dr Brown Services.jsx

Then reopened bridge > Tools > Dr Brown Services >Image processor pro !!!!

With all Xbytor's last corrections...

So I note that you need

the last of Old Dr Brown Image processor pro

and

the last Xbytor version

I hope this works for you.

Jessica

• 23. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                      Polycontrast Level 1

I was able to successfully install IPP after reading the post from Chica_Sands. Thank you Chica_Sands for sharing your process. It made a big difference.

What I did different this time was to deviate from the step 4 in the installation pdf (manual installation for a Macintosh users).  Instead of placing the file photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx in the Adobe Photoshop directory, the file was placed in the Adobe Bridge CC 2018 directory. This enabled the IPP to display in the Bridge > Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor Pro ... and run the IPP UI.

In the Bridge Preferences, Startup Scripts the photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx file is listed with the name Dr.Brown's Services.

File path

Mac HD/Root System/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Script CC/Adobe Bridge CC 2018/photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx

Envirionment

MBP OSX High Sierra (10.13.4)

Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.3)

Bridge CC 2018 (8.0.1.282)

IPP (3_2b5)

• 24. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                        canvokey Level 1

I have tried installing the following ways with High Sierra 10.13.3:

• 1) Manual install with Dr. Brown's last version, placing Dr Brown Services.jsx in /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Bridge\ Ctup\ Scripts/Dr\ Brown\ Services.jsx
                                                        • 2) Manual install with photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx in place of the above file (but using Dr Brown's original files in Photoshop/Scripts). No dice.
                                                        • 3) Manual install using IPP (3_2b5) and Polycontrast's instructions. No dice.
                                                        • 4) I've also manually created a startup scripts folder for Photoshop (it doesn't exist on Mac with CC). No dice.

All of these variations function in Photoshop and show up in Bridge. When launching from Bridge into Photoshop, it just doesn't load the files or the UI. If I launch within Photoshop, I get the UI and it runs properly. So what I'm missing is the ability to run it from Bridge.

What ended up working for me-

1. Download Dr Brown's original service pack here
                                                        2. Manual install of Image Processor in Presets/Scripts (per Dr. Brown's installation).
                                                        3. Manual install of /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/StartupC/Adobe\ Photoshop/Dr Brown Services.jsx (ROOT! not USER!)
                                                        4. Manual install of /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Startup\ Scripts\ CC/Adobe\ Bridge\ CC\ 2018/Dr\ Brown\ Services.jsx (ROOT! not USER!)
                                                        5. Restart computer
                                                        6. See if it works!

Adobe bridge launches with Image Processor Pro showing up, it will also launch the UI in Photoshop from bridge.

• 25. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                          michaelm36303692 Level 1

When I click on the link for Dr. Brown's original service pack that you posted, I get the message "not found".

• 27. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                            michaelm36303692 Level 1

Thanks for the updated link!

• 29. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                              Chica_Sands Level 1

Hello

I did not post the original pack.

You can find it on

http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html

In the open source section

Dr brown services

Best

Jessica Forde

- - - - - -

cinema  jessicaforde.com 

art  jessicaforde-art.com 

cell  +33 (0)6 12 96 39 66

member of SMPSP  & PFA

Le 14 mai 2018 à 22:14, michaelm36303692 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by michaelm36303692 in Photoshop Scripting - View the full discussion

When I click on the link for Dr. Brown's original service pack that you posted, I get the message "not found".

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10380781#10380781 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10380781#10380781

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Scripting by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 30. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                                Flexigav Level 1

I was running Mavericks OSX with Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 and Bridge CC 2015. IPP worked fine from both Photoshop and Bridge. These folders and files were located at Applications / Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 / Presets / Scripts.

-Icons

-Image Processor pro

-Image Processor Pro.jsx

-Image Processor Pro.xml

The photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx file was located somewhere else... sorry don't recall.

Then I updated my Mac to OSX to High Sierra and both Adobe Photoshop and Bridge to CC 2018.

None of these IPP files or folders were copied into the Applications / Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 / Presets / Scripts folder. I copied them manually from the CC 2015.5 folder and pasted them to the 2018 folder. I had instructions to place the photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx file in the (Macintosh HD) Root System / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Startup Scripts CC 2018 / Adobe Photoshop folder. I found it was already there.

IPP did not appear on the Bridge > Tools > Photoshop menu.

I then discovered a new Bridge Startup Scripts folder that was empty with no CC2015 counterpart. (Macintosh HD) Users / user name / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Bridge CC 2018 / Startup Scripts folder, so copied photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx there.

Now the IPP is available in the Bridge > Tools > Photoshop menu. However clicking on it does as already discussed here... just opens Photoshop, brings up a brief loading bar display that disappears again before you can see what it is, then nothing else happens.

I am not sure what happens when a new user account is created, as the photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx file was placed in the (Macintosh HD) Users / user name / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Bridge CC 2018 / Startup Scripts folder manually.

So I too now have it in my Bridge > Tools > Photoshop menu, but must start it from Photoshop  File > Automate > Image processor Pro to initiate it.

1 person found this helpful
                                                                • 31. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                                  toml51515577 Level 1

I have Dr. Brown's Image Processor Pro running under High Sierra.

I have been dragging the same set of files forward since probably CS5 or CS6, and used them most recently on a mid-2010 Mac Mini running High Sierra OS X 10.13.  The Mini recently got cooked by a surge that came in on the Ethernet line from my modem.  So, I installed PS CC 2018 to a late-2012, 21.5" iMac running OS X 10.10 Yosemite but soon discovered that PS needed OS X 10.13.  I upgraded the iMac to OS X 10.13.4 and assumed that the latest version of Dr. Brown's IPP would work, so I downloaded it ... I think it was v1.3.2.  Wrong!  As others have reported, IPP was listed under PS/File/Automate and in Bridge/Tools. Photoshop would launch (if not already running) but the GUI never appeared.  So, after too many hours, I retrieved the files from a bootable drive that a local service company was able to create from my cooked Mini, and put all of the IPP files in the corresponding folders on the iMac.  Now, IPP works from both Bridge CC 2018 and PS CC 2018.  When the GUI opens from Bridge, it's titled Image Processor Pro 2.2.9.

The files I retrieved and am using successfully under High Sierra are:

• the "icons" folder containing 5 png files ... one, two, three, four, five ... all with the creation date 3/18/11

• Dr. Brown's Services.jsx, creation date 6/12/12

• Image Processor Pro.jsx, creation date 6/4/12

• Image Processor Pro.imt, creation date 8/29/11   <<< NOTE ... this is not a typo this is an .imt file, not the .xml file you get when you download v2.3.1

The icons folder and the two IPP files are located here:

Macintosh HD > Applications > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Presets > Scripts

The Dr. Brown's Services.jsx file is located here:

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Startup Scripts CC > Adobe Bridge CC 2018   <<< NOTE: this is the "easy-to-get-to" Library, not the Library that you access by pressing Option+Go

Please don't ask me to explain why this works.  I'm not a guru, can't write any code, am unclear about the notation ~/Library vs /Library, don't know why the "odd" files is an .imt file instead of an .xml file, don't know where to download an earlier version of IPP, and don't know about the legality of distributing the files I am using on my iMac.  Just stubborn ... I really needed to get this to work.

• 32. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                                    toml51515577 Level 1

Ooops .. I transposed those numbers ... meant to write v2.3.1, not 1.3.2

• 33. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                                      Flexigav Level 1

I checked my details again. I can confirm my files and folders are located in the same directories as mentioned above by toml51515577, although I have the version downloaded in the Image Processor Pro-3-2b5 zip folder. It replaces the Dr Brown Services script file with the photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx file.

However it does not show up on the Bridge Tools > photoshop menu at all, even though the Bridge preferences > Startup Scripts shows Dr. Brown's Services is ticked. When I click on the "Reveal My Startup Scripts" button in this preferences panel it show I have no script files in my Bridge CC 2018 Startup Scripts folder. If I paste a copy of the photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx file there and restart Bridge, the IPP now appears in the Bridge Tools > photoshop menu and it does open Photoshop, but fails to run the IPP Script in photoshop. I still have to then use the Photoshop menu to run the IPP function.

It seams strange that the Dr Brown Services pdf manual installation instruction does not say to copy any file to the Bridge CC 2018 Startup Scripts folder at Macintosh HD / Users / user name / Library / Application Support / Adobe /..., only states: "

Step 4 – Place this one item into the Adobe Photoshop startup folder at the following location

on your computer:

(Macintosh HD) Root System / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Startup Scripts {Version} / Adobe Photoshop

Remember; only move this one file to this location." In the earlier version (2.3.1) it says to add the Dr Brown Services file to the Adobe Bridge file of the same path, rather than the Adobe Photoshop folder as above. However that version was intended for Adobe CS5/CS6.

With all this rechecking and looking up previous installations nothing has changed. I wonder if having user profiles setup in the Mac makes any difference, as the folder for Bridge Startup Scripts (as opposed to Adobe Startup Scripts) is located in user profile paths that might not exist if no user profiles have been created on the Mac... Is it posible Dr Brown's instructions were for Macs with no specific users set up... the default state the Mac originally comes at?

1 person found this helpful
                                                                      • 34. Re: Image Processor Pro not available in Bridge CC 2018
                                                                        Chica_Sands Level 1

Sorry I am out of town and far from my computer. I cannot help. But my way works for me.

Le 7 juin 2018 à 21:27, Flexigav <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by Flexigav in Photoshop Scripting - View the full discussion

I checked my details again. I can confirm my files and folders are located in the same directories as mentioned above by toml51515577, although I have the version downloaded in the Image Processor Pro-3-2b5 zip folder. It replaces the Dr Brown Services script file with the photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx file.

However it does not show up on the Bridge Tools > photoshop menu at all, even though the Bridge preferences > Startup Scripts shows Dr. Brown's Services is ticked. When I click on the "Reveal My Startup Scripts" button in this preferences panel it show I have no script files in my Bridge CC 2018 Startup Scripts folder. If I paste a copy of the photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx file there and restart Bridge, the IPP now appears in the Bridge Tools > photoshop menu and it does open Photoshop, but fails to run the IPP Script in photoshop. I still have to then use the Photoshop menu to run the IPP function.

It seams strange that the Dr Brown Services pdf manual installation instruction does not say to copy any file to the Bridge CC 2018 Startup Scripts folder at Macintosh HD / Users / user name / Library / Application Support / Adobe /..., only states: "

Step 4 – Place this one item into the Adobe Photoshop startup folder at the following location

on your computer:

(Macintosh HD) Root System / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Startup Scripts / Adobe Photoshop

Remember; only move this one file to this location." In the earlier version (2.3.1) it says to add the Dr Brown Services file to the Adobe Bridge file of the same path, rather than the Adobe Photoshop folder as above. However that version was intended for Adobe CS5/CS6.

With all this rechecking and looking up previous installations nothing has changed. I wonder if having user profiles setup in the Mac makes any difference, as the folder for Bridge Startup Scripts (as opposed to Adobe Startup Scripts) is located in user profile paths that might not exist if no user profiles have been created on the Mac... Is it posible Dr Brown's instructions were for Macs with no specific users set up... the default state the Mac originally comes at?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10430984#10430984 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10430984#10430984

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Scripting by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences