4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 1:16 PM by roberts54691512

Content for Resale on Merch by Amazon and Etsy

roberts54691512

Hi there,

I have an account on Merch by Amazon and on Etsy. First of all I´m selling T-shirts and other clothing as physical there.

I would like to use Adobe Stock images as designs or as part of designs.

Before I begin, I want to ensure that everything I will be doing is legal.

Therefore I have a couple of questions?

1. Is the assumption right, that I need to be an Extended License in order to use Adobe Stock images in my T-shrit designs which I want to sell on Merch by amazon and Etsy? I would not be selling the stock image itself, but the image would be used to create something that would be sold.

2. Once you have an account on Merch by Amazon and Etsy, you have to have an brand name for your account. Is that a conflict to the Adobe Stock Additional Terms (Last updated June 30, 2017)? Especially when you look at

4. Restrictions.
      4.1 General Restrictions.
      You must not misuse the Work. Except as expressly permitted in these Additional

Terms, you must not:

(D) incorporate the Work into a trademark or service mark ?

3. Does an adobe stock image need to be altered in any way for it to be okay for resale?

Thank you very much for your support!

Best Regards,

Sebastian

• 1. Re: Content for Resale on Merch by Amazon and Etsy
          twaritar3263062 Adobe Employee

Hi Robert,

• Yes, you are right you will be requiring an extended license in order to use Adobe Stock images in your T-shirt designs.
          • You need to have complete ownership of the image you use for your brand name. Because Adobe Stock only grants a right to use images and does not transfer the ownership.

Also, kindly go through Common Questions, Adobe Stock for more information.

• It is not a compulsion to alter an Adobe Stock image for resale, however, You are welcome to edit the non-editorial asset in any way you deem necessary.

Note: Your modifications must not violate or infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, nor place the author or the model in a bad light or depict them in any way that might be deemed offensive. See http://www.adobe.com/go/stockterms.

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Content for Resale on Merch by Amazon and Etsy
            roberts54691512 Level 1

Hello Twarita,

thank ni you so very much for your quick answer!

Just to be clear concerning my question number 2:

Using an image from Adobe Stock for a T-shirt design in my Merch by amazon and Etsy store (the stores have a Brand name) is not a conflict to the Adobe Stock Additional Terms (Last updated June 30, 2017). Is that correct?

Thank ne you very much for your support!!!

Best Regards,

Sebastian

• 3. Re: Content for Resale on Merch by Amazon and Etsy
              twaritar3263062 Adobe Employee

Irrespective of the store, as per our restriction terms you cannot use the brand name.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Twarita

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Content for Resale on Merch by Amazon and Etsy
                roberts54691512 Level 1

Hello Twarita,

I think, I didn´t make my situation clear. So I try again .

Is it OK to use an image from adobe stock with a extended license in order to use it as a t-shirt design in my Etsy and Merch by Amazon Store (which have of course have a name).

I think many people sell products with adobe stock designs on Etsy and Amazon. I just want to make sure.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards,

Sebastian