• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG Saved File Unusable

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open an edited RAW file from Lightroom to Photoshop and save it to jpg format I can't use it to post or add it to a lightroom collection.  I can't use the file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you view the Jpeg file with a file viewer can you open the jpeg file using cc 2018?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes to both when I save it to my desktop.  when I save it to a folder on my drive I can't even see the file in the list of files.  Lightroom will not see the jpg when I try to add it to a collection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

philipc34001344  wrote

when I save it to a folder on my drive I can't even see the file in the list of files.

Are you stating that Windows file explorer or Finder can not see any save file in your folders???? If they can not see then how woul Lightroom saee files.  I do not use lightroom. Are you a Windows or Apple user?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.  It seems that if I save the jpg to the original folder with the raw files it does not see the file.  If I save it to a new folder or any other folder the file is fine.  Weird but I live with it.  Thank you for trying to help JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a Lightroom setting to treat corresponding jpegs and raws either as separate files or as one.

If you shoot raw+jpeg you might want it either way depending on circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines