5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2017 2:22 PM by Jao vdL

CC will not load with VPN running

Dadshade Level 1

Having spent hours attempting to install LR CC, I finally contacted support who found that my VPN was blocking the install. After installing with the VPN disabled, he said it should work with the VPN running but it doesn't. I have to disable it before LR CC will run. Anyone know why and is there a way to resolve this issue?

• 1. Re: CC will not load with VPN running
          Dadshade Level 1

Sorry, I phrased that wrong. It was not the VPN blocking the install, it was Adobe blocking it because of the VPN.

• 2. Re: CC will not load with VPN running
            itaif4789477

Same here — strangely, I can't seem to find any info on this online. No idea if there's a workaround, but this seems sort of silly to me; there's no reason Lightroom should be blocking access over VPN. You can use Lightroom when offline, but not when connected to VPN?

• 3. Re: CC will not load with VPN running
              Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Works perfectly fine for me going through a vpn. There is no reason why vpn by itself should block Lightroom. As long as the firewall at the place you are vpn'ing into doesn't block the secure traffic from Lightroom CC or its installer should be completely unaware that its traffic is routed in a different way.

• 4. Re: CC will not load with VPN running
                itaif4789477 Level 1

To clarify, I don't think it's necessarily Lightroom blocking VPN, but as Dadshade mentions, Adobe blocking Lightroom access/activation due to VPN. I'm using a private VPN (Mullvad; no firewall, blocking, etc. of any kind) — when I launch Lightroom, it tries to access Adobe servers, which might block the connection from the endpoint IP address. Lightroom can't access the server, so it spins forever, blocking functionality.

It would be nice if

1. Lightroom would time out eventually and at least give the option of using it in offline mode
                2. Adobe didn't block my VPN, so I could continue using the product I'm paying for without having to compromise security
                • 5. Re: CC will not load with VPN running
                  Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  To clarify, I don't think it's necessarily Lightroom blocking VPN, but as Dadshade mentions, Adobe blocking Lightroom access/activation due to VPN.

I don't think they are doing anything like that. It works perfectly fine for me through my company VPN.