• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not working: Open in Essential Graphics from Team project panel

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to right click on a comp and open it in the essential graphics panel.

The option is greyed out. What works is to use the dropdown Master (Select a composition) menu in the Essential Graphics panel, but if you have many comps, this is almost impossible to use.

Is it because I am using Team Projects this isn't working?

Thanks! kind regard, Kjetil

Screenshot 2017-10-27 08.27.24.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Hi,

If you work at a company and have a Creative Cloud for Enterprise account then a number of features might not be available, including Libraries. This could be at the heart of your issue and also why you cannot reach standard support. Your IT Administrator should be able to file a support ticket for you for this. This is actually what you will want to do now and in the future. Sorry for the confusion.

If your support ticket simply is not being addressed, kindly send me a private message and I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export Motion Graphics-button is also greyed out? I can't design Motion Graphics in a team project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kjetil,

That's odd as I don't see that issue. Can you work with our video queue? Contact them here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can work with your video queue? The link sends me to a contact customer care page with tons of options, none of them related to this problem or After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan​. Sorry, what did you mean? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that you would file a case with our agents so we can assist you 1-1. Start by clicking "Creative Cloud" and then "After Effects." Drill down into the Troubleshooting area, then Contact Options > Chat or Phone.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I tried that. It doesn't seem to be an option for me as I must have a company account.

Skjermbilde 2017-11-16 kl. 06.59.01.png

If I press

"

Have a company or school account?

Contact your organization’s system administrator or visit Adobe Support for help"

I am sent to site with app links - which only lists tutorials and links back to the forum,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan​ - any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you work at a company and have a Creative Cloud for Enterprise account then a number of features might not be available, including Libraries. This could be at the heart of your issue and also why you cannot reach standard support. Your IT Administrator should be able to file a support ticket for you for this. This is actually what you will want to do now and in the future. Sorry for the confusion.

If your support ticket simply is not being addressed, kindly send me a private message and I will try and remedy the situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Kevin, I appreciate it.

But I am able to use Libraries just fine when not in a Team Project.

The Export function in the Essential Graphics panel is working in a ordinary project.

So I don't think this is the issue, but I can try.

//Kjetil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kjetil,

Interesting. I'll query the Team Projects developers on that. Is it Teams Licensing you have or Enterprise?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, let's move your post to the Team Projects forum. That might be a better source of info for your issue.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan​

I've got Creative Cloud for Teams. Good idea to move the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kjetil,

Here's what the Team Projects QE Lead says:

"It is working as expected. Have the user create the comp in AE standalone project that they want to use, then export as a Motion Graphic Template in the Essential Graphic Panel to a location that is either on their local machine or a remote storage.

For team projects it would be best if it was in a remote storage that is common between the collaborators of Team Projects so that it can be shared.  Then both collaborators would have to update their Common Motion Graphics Template Media Directory  (update your Scratch Disks Settings) so it can be used in a Team Project between multiple collaborators."

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan​

This is still not working.

I have now created a new Team Project. Invited a colleague to the project.

Created a comp.

Tried to open the comp in Essential Graphics by right-clicking the comp. The "Open in Essential Graphcis" option is greyed out.

Screenshot 2018-02-07 10.27.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. Would love to find the best workflow to create lower thirds for example using team projects and sharing changes with collaborators.

Essential Graphics panel doesn't work in this case and is greyed out. Other methods I've tried that don't work: Converting Ae project to regular project then uploading/installing template, sharing a library containing a graphics template, installing identical files and trying to relinking them.

Creating a single lower third BUT being able to change the text in a template would be great. So far, the only thing that works is creating separate Ae comps. But, what if I have to make a small change? Then, I then have to adjust ALL of the comps I've created in Ae. This is a time killer. Hope there's a solution to this.

I think the easiest solution is to re-enable the "Template" tick box again like the previous version so at least that option is still useable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines