• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing metadata in Lightroom CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently impossible with CC 2017 (capture date). I tried to edit metadata with CC Classic, and then re-import into CC 2017 , but this does not work, old metadata persists in CC 2017 after re-import. Any ideas? Will it work if I sync CC Classic to cloud (I would myself, but I have some 90000 items, so syncing will take ages).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Yes, that should work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can sync from Lightroom Classic and some of the metadata will translate to CC. Note that CC has no clue about nested keywords and some other metadata that Classic can manipulate. It's really not very suitable yet for large libraries and libraries that extensively use keywording. If only metadata has changed syncing should be very fast from Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. My case is somewhat different - I have not used LR Classic, I just copied my library from Dropbox into CC.

This is what I think my workflow will be:

In CC I put all files with wrong capture dates (including videos) into an album - save album files to a new folder - import folder contents into LR Classic (and group into a new album) - do all editing I need - export album as catalogue (which I hope will retain metadata) - and then migrate catalogue into CC.

Do you think it may work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines