I'm a bit of a newbie.
So i've got my sound working (they are .mp3) very small animal sounds that are suppose to play when you click the animal. There are two animals right now. When I test the movie it works good. But when I publish it to html it stops working.
In terms of files that are created, there isn't a difference between test movie and publish. But, in test movie you are creating a temporary server, and in publish you're then doing a local test. The security is different between the two of them. You could use your browser's Console to see what errors are happening, or you could upload all of the files to a real server, and they should work ok.
Thanks for the bold text, it woke me up.