1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 7:56 AM by John T Smith

Acrobat Pro on CS6 crashes randomly

taylorp32888510

Hello:

I am running CS6 on a new iMac. When I am in a PDF file, the Acrobat Pro program crashes randomly. I have provided a copy of the error report below - as I haven't been able to find anything to help me with troubleshooting (I don't understand what to look for in the report). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Process:               AdobeAcrobat [669]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat

Identifier:            com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro

Version:               10.1.1 (10.1.1)

Code Type:             X86 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           AdobeAcrobat [669]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-10-27 09:28:35.899 -0500

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.5 (16F2073)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        DEE22FAB-3BBB-C725-AAD4-0628C6543F9A

[When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name]

[you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email]

[long crash log removed... please only send a crash log to a technician, when asked]

• 1. Re: Acrobat Pro on CS6 crashes randomly
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Mac El Capitan/Sierra... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Apple changed their operating system and THAT is why your old programs won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Apple issues an update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

1 person found this helpful