38 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 9:00 AM by Leudemar

Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?

elainec1625049 Level 1

Hi,

I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this since the update? It never use to happen and I thought perhaps it is crashing when I happen to use to the lasso tool, but it has been happening to much for me to consider it a coincidence.

It doesn't happen all the time, I can still use the tool. But once in a while it would just completely make the program not respond anymore and I would have to force it shut.

Is it just me?

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
          elainec1625049 Level 1

Windows

and pressing the alt and making it into Polygonal Lasso is when it seems to happen, but that may just be me using that a lot...

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
            jbm007 Adobe Community Professional

Do you see a crash report when you go to administrative tools/event viewer/windows logs/application/  for PS.

If there is one can you copy as text and paste it here?

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
              elainec1625049 Level 1

Unfortunately I don't think I spot a report from Photoshop per say. I can keep an eye out the next time this same thing happens.

But seeing that I am the one forcing the program to close everytime it gets stuck like so..it might not ever have a proper crash report?

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?

screen freezes usually occur because of bad video drivers, and memory errors that windows cannot handle properly.

was hoping there would see a crash report in the event viewer.  

• 6. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                  hansolocambo Level 1

This has been happening for years now. Adobe just can't spot years old bugs in their years old code. It happens ALL the time when using Wacom Tablets, which is a damn shame !

Out of all the pro painting apps around, photoshop is the only one unstable with Wacom products. And again : for years. It's just amazing that every time I have to read those : "Reinstall your video drivers", "check your RAM" "Reinstall Windows" and what else ? Seriously... Stop trying to shamelessly put the blame on something else when it's obviously a bug in the code that's there for: years. I've seen the same discussions again and again on forums on this subject.

In the last 4 years I changed my computer 3 times, I had 3 different graphic cards/mother Boards/CPUs, etc, even 2 different Wacom Cintiq. And those freeze happen, always, in Potoshop.

Wacom works like a charm with Corel Painter, ZBRush, etc. One can work for hours, days, months without having to fear a crash because of the stylus touching the surface of the screen. With Photoshop, one has to keep the damn mouse handy all the time to avoid crashes with those tools (lasso + Alt mainly) that just DON'T work. For way too long.

• 7. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                    hansolocambo Level 1

[quote]Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?[/quote]

It doesn't happen more often though to answer the main question. At least not on my side. CC 2018 is way more stable. I thought at first the bug was fixed. But sadly it still happens when using the polygonal lasso tool.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 8. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                      elainec1625049 Level 1

That's funny. It didn't happen to me before this update,must be the combination of everything, star aligning for me what not :/

good to know anyhow

• 9. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                        jourdainn37143032 Level 1

Hello,

I just tried with my PC. I do not have any problem with the lasso.
                        Is it always with this tool that your computer crashes?
                        cordially

• 10. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                          hansolocambo Level 1

As I'm a 3D modeler, and techniques evolved a lot in this domain in the last 20 years, I moved on to "new" ways of painting using 3D-Coat, Substance Painter, or ZBRush's Polypaint. So I use less Photoshop than I used to. But in my humble experience and as far as I can remember, this happened and happens mainly using the lasso tools (maybe more the polygonal one), combined with Shift / Alt to add to or remove from a selection.

If I do that with the mouse it is always fine (I take the liberty to say "always" as I can't remember ever having a crash in Photoshop using the mouse, or it's extremely rare). But often I'm lazy to go and grab the mouse, so I go on with the Wacom to make a selection and bam ! Photoshop freeze. I just never feel safe using the lasso with a stylus.

2 people found this helpful
                          • 11. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                            ArtStory-Garth Level 1

I'm also having excessive crashing issues with Photoshop 2018. Right now, with a combination of using even the normal lasso tool and then painting in the selection with a fairly textured brush. I get that this is a demanding action (with certain density of document sizes), but should, at most, lag, rather than crash the whole program.

And no document back up either? Such a mess! Fix this update!

• 12. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                              robbyl4175528 Level 1

Happens to me consistently when adding or subtracting selection with polygon lasso tool specifically. Photoshop will freeze and become nonresponsive, yet I can still see the lines in the ruler move around with the mouse oddly enough. Have to force quit which doesn't present a non-responding program prompt, it just immediately quits. It was happening with my old computer so i figured it was just too out of date, but just got a brand new one with a GTX 1070 card and the problem continues. It only happened on Photoshop 2018 on both computers. Also using a Cintiq so that may have a connection.

• 13. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                elainec1625049 Level 1

Oh yes! adding and subtracting was a factor for my crashes as well!

I havn't had a crash since the 2018 update on my CC tho. I am not sure if it is because I have been so conscious and scared of using the lasso tool now....

• 14. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                  jayneg49739435 Level 1

This is a real pain in the neck. What happened to the simple Lasso tool? Only the polygonal lasso shows up and it doesn't work.

• 15. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                    andrisb62234245 Level 1

After updating to 19.1.0 my Photoshop CC 2018 crashes instantly when selecting magnetic lasso tool. Can't use tool any more

• 17. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                      sagio Level 1

I have the same problem!!! Ver 19.1.0

Windows 10 i7 ssd 16 GBram Nvidia 1050ti

I partially solved the problem by setting "other cursors" in the preferences in standard instead of in precise

• 18. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                        carolp25190426 Level 1

Same problem.  I click with the mouse on the magnetic lasso and it crashes instantly.  Up until a week or so ago it worked. 

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We're paying big money to rent this damn program and enrich Adobe by and obscene amount.  FIX IT!

• 19. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                          elainec1625049 Level 1

This is odd that now more people seem to be running into the issue? Because for me it actually stopped happening some updates ago. (There may be an update overdue for me and now I scared of updating)

it lags with the lasso tool... so it scared me but it no longer crashes. It just looks like it's about to then no..:/

• 20. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                            carolp25190426 Level 1

There's an update for PS, so I'll update it and maybe it will fix the problem.  Hope so.  Otherwise I guess I can just use other selection tools.  The magnetic lasso isn't even the best selection tool, I guess I like it cause I'm lazy, but I use it constantly.  I'll update this after I try it.  Thanks for replying. 

• 21. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                              Jeffrey Tranberry Adobe Employee

This issue was fixed in the 19.1.1 update released late last night.

• 22. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?

Good the hear Jeff

It is just so weird that it never reared it ugly head here

Obviously it was a code issue

Just hate to see stuff like that get into the wild

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

• 24. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                  Leudemar Level 1

My photoshop still freezes when i use the polygonal lasso tool, i,ve arealdy update it to the last version but it crashes anyway.

• 25. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                    BrandonWhelan Level 1

yep, the problem wasn't fixed.

• 26. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help > System Info... and copy/paste the text in a reply.

• 27. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                        carolp25190426 Level 1

Okay.  Here it is:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.1 20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206  x64

Number of Launches: 228

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.16299.15

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:5, Stepping:1 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 2

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2295 MHz

Built-in memory: 8102 MB

Free memory: 3096 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 6871 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

Alias Layers: Disabled.

Modifier Palette: Enabled.

Highbeam: Disabled.

Image tile size: 132K

Image cache levels: 4

Font Preview: Medium

TextComposer: Latin

Display: 1

Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1080, right=1920

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

AIFCoreInitialized=1

AIFOGLInitialized=1

OGLContextCreated=1

NumGLGPUs=1

NumCLGPUs=1

NumNativeGPUs=0

glgpu[0].GLVersion="4.1"

glgpu[0].IsIntegratedGLGPU=1

glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=2048

glgpu[0].GLName="Intel(R) HD Graphics Family"

glgpu[0].GLVendor="Intel"

glgpu[0].GLVendorID=32902

glgpu[0].GLDriverVersion="20.19.15.4703"

glgpu[0].GLRectTextureSize=16384

glgpu[0].GLRenderer="Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400"

glgpu[0].GLRendererID=2582

glgpu[0].HasGLNPOTSupport=1

glgpu[0].GLDriver="igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd12umd64.dll"

glgpu[0].GLDriverDate="20170609000000.000000-000"

glgpu[0].CanCompileProgramGLSL=1

glgpu[0].GLFrameBufferOK=1

glgpu[0].glGetString[GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION]="1.30 - Build 20.19.15.4703"

glgpu[0].glGetProgramivARB[GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB][GL_MAX_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB]=[1447 ]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS]=[8]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[

• 28. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?

Is this a laptop with a dual GPU configuration?

• 29. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?

Carol, are you still having problem? It looked like you said things were fixed. Are you still seeing a crash?

• 30. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                              carolp25190426 Level 1

Yes.  Still doing the same thing.

• 32. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                                Leudemar Level 1

I've updated it to the last version but still freezes when i use the polygonal lasso tool.

• 33. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                                  Leudemar Level 1

This is my system info:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.1 20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206  x64

Number of Launches: 15

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.16299.15

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:13, Stepping:4 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 2

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2195 MHz

Built-in memory: 8102 MB

Free memory: 2 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 6863 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

Alias Layers: Disabled.

Modifier Palette: Enabled.

Highbeam: Enabled.

Image tile size: 128K

Image cache levels: 4

Font Preview: Medium

TextComposer: Latin

Display: 1

Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=768, right=1366

Display: 2

Display Bounds: top=0, left=1366, bottom=1200, right=3286

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

AIFCoreInitialized=1

AIFOGLInitialized=1

OGLContextCreated=1

NumGLGPUs=1

NumCLGPUs=2

NumNativeGPUs=0

glgpu[0].GLVersion="4.1"

glgpu[0].IsIntegratedGLGPU=0

glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=1024

glgpu[0].GLName="Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500"

glgpu[0].GLVendor="Intel"

glgpu[0].GLVendorID=32902

glgpu[0].GLDriverVersion="20.19.15.4531"

glgpu[0].GLRectTextureSize=16384

glgpu[0].GLRenderer="Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500"

glgpu[0].GLRendererID=5654

glgpu[0].HasGLNPOTSupport=1

glgpu[0].GLDriver="igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd12umd64.dll"

glgpu[0].GLDriverDate="20160929000000.000000-000"

glgpu[0].CanCompileProgramGLSL=1

glgpu[0].GLFrameBufferOK=1

glgpu[0].glGetString[GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION]="1.30 - Build 20.19.15.4531"

glgpu[0].glGetProgramivARB[GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB][GL_MAX_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB]=[1447 ]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS]=[8]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[192]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[32]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[32]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_DRAW_BUFFERS]=[8]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS]=[4096]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS]=[4096]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VARYING_FLOATS]=[64]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS]=[16]

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_PROGRAM]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_SHADER]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_FRAGMENT_SHADER]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_EXT_FRAMEBUFFER_OBJECT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_TEXTURE_FLOAT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_OCCLUSION_QUERY]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_BUFFER_OBJECT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_SHADER_TEXTURE_LOD]=0

clgpu[0].CLPlatformVersion="2.0 "

clgpu[0].CLDeviceVersion="2.0 "

clgpu[0].IsIntegratedCLGPU=1

clgpu[0].CLMemoryMB=3232

clgpu[0].CLName="Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500"

clgpu[0].CLVendor="Intel(R) Corporation"

clgpu[0].CLVendorID=32902

clgpu[0].CLDriverVersion="20.19.15.4531"

clgpu[0].CLBandwidth=8.24683e+09

clgpu[0].CLCompute=152.732

clgpu[1].CLPlatformVersion="1.2"

clgpu[1].CLDeviceVersion="1.2 CUDA"

clgpu[1].IsIntegratedCLGPU=0

clgpu[1].CLMemoryMB=2048

clgpu[1].CLName="GeForce 920M"

clgpu[1].CLVendor="NVIDIA Corporation"

clgpu[1].CLVendorID=4318

clgpu[1].CLDriverVersion="388.16"

clgpu[1].CLBandwidth=1.2783e+10

clgpu[1].CLCompute=197.805

License Type: Subscription

Serial number: 96040514682318273534

GUIDBucket:

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\

Temporary file path: C:\Users\junin\AppData\Local\Temp\

Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled

Scratch volume(s):

Startup, 918,2G, 804,1G free

Required Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\Plug-Ins\

Primary Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Plug-Ins\

Installed components:

A3DLIBS.dll   A3DLIB Dynamic Link Library   9.2.0.112  

ACE.dll   ACE 2017/11/22-18:28:12   79.589342   79.589342

AdbePM.dll   PatchMatch 2016/11/03:19:48:57   1.578146   1.578146

AdobeLinguistic.dll   Adobe Linguisitc Library   10.0.0  

AdobeOwl.dll   Adobe Owl   5.2.11  

AdobePDFL.dll   PDFL 2017/10/31-06:12:59   79.250229   79.250229

AdobePIP.dll   Adobe Product Improvement Program   7.4.1.109.46827  

AdobeSVGAGM.dll   AdobeSVGAGM   79.588619   79.588619

AdobeXMP.dll   Adobe XMP Core 2017/07/13-01:06:39   79.160924   79.160924

AdobeXMPFiles.dll   Adobe XMP Files 2017/07/13-01:06:39   79.160924   79.160924

AdobeXMPScript.dll   Adobe XMP Script 2017/07/13-01:06:39   79.160924   79.160924

adobe_caps.dll   Adobe CAPS   10,0,0,6  

AGM.dll   AGM 2017/11/22-18:28:12   79.589342   79.589342

ahclient.dll    AdobeHelp Dynamic Link Library   3.0.0.6  

AIDE.dll   AIDE 2016/05/27-01:08:49   79.574279   79.574279

amtlib.dll   AMTLib (64 Bit)   10.0.0.221 BuildVersion: 10.0; BuildDate: Tue Aug 1 2017 8:28:8)   1.000000

ARE.dll   ARE 2017/11/22-18:28:12   79.589342   79.589342

AXE8SharedExpat.dll   AXE8SharedExpat 2015/03/13-23:40:54   79.562390   79.562390

AXEDOMCore.dll   AXEDOMCore 2015/03/13-23:40:54   79.562390   79.562390

Bib.dll   BIB 2017/11/22-18:28:12   79.589342   79.589342

BIBUtils.dll   BIBUtils 2017/11/22-18:28:12   79.589342   79.589342

boost_date_time.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

boost_filesystem.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

boost_signals.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

boost_system.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

boost_threads.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

cg.dll   NVIDIA Cg Runtime   3.0.00007  

cgGL.dll   NVIDIA Cg Runtime   3.0.00007  

CITThreading.dll   Adobe CITThreading   2.1.0.1   2.1.0.1

CoolType.dll   CoolType 2017/11/22-18:28:12   79.589342   79.589342

CRClient.dll   Adobe Crash Reporter Client DLL   1.6.3.0  

dnssd.dll   Bonjour   3,0,0,2  

dvaaudiodevice.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvacore.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvacrashhandler.dll   Adobe Audition CC 2017   10.0.0  

dvamarshal.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvamediatypes.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvametadata.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvametadataapi.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvametadataui.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvaplayer.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvatransport.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvaui.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dvaunittesting.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

dynamiclink.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

ExtendScript.dll   ExtendScript 2017/08/31-12:13:14   81.1150526   81.1150526

icucnv40.dll   International Components for Unicode 2014/10/31-16:52:45    Build gtlib_6.0.21339  

icudt40.dll   International Components for Unicode 2014/10/31-16:52:45    Build gtlib_6.0.21339  

icuuc40.dll   International Components for Unicode 2014/10/31-16:52:45    Build gtlib_6.0.21339  

igestep30.dll   IGES Reader   9.3.0.113  

imslib.dll   IMSLib DLL   10.0.0.22  

JP2KLib.dll   JP2KLib 2017/10/31-01:22:04   79.268591   79.268591

libifcoremd.dll   Intel(r) Visual Fortran Compiler   10.0 (Update A)  

libiomp5md.dll   Intel(R) OpenMP* Runtime Library   5.0  

libmmd.dll   Intel(R) C/C++/Fortran Compiler   17.0.0  

LogSession.dll   LogSession   7.4.1.109.46827  

mediacoreif.dll   photoshopdva   11.1.0  

MPS.dll   MPS 2017/10/31-01:22:04   79.588396   79.588396

pdfsettings.dll   Adobe PDFSettings   1.04  

Photoshop.dll   Adobe Photoshop CC 2018   19.1.1  

Plugin.dll   Adobe Photoshop CC 2018   19.1.1  

PlugPlugExternalObject.dll   Adobe(R) CEP PlugPlugExternalObject Standard Dll (64 bit)   8.5.0  

PlugPlugOwl.dll   Adobe(R) CSXS PlugPlugOwl Standard Dll (64 bit)   8.5.0.87  

PSArt.dll   Adobe Photoshop CC 2018   19.1.1  

PSCloud.dll                                                   1.0.0.1  

PSViews.dll   Adobe Photoshop CC 2018   19.1.1  

SCCore.dll   ScCore 2017/08/31-12:13:14   81.1150526   81.1150526

SVGRE.dll   SVGRE   79.586793   79.586793

svml_dispmd.dll   Intel(R) C/C++/Fortran Compiler   17.0.0  

tbb.dll   Intel(R) Threading Building Blocks for Windows   2017, 0, 2017, 0118  

tbbmalloc.dll   Intel(R) Threading Building Blocks for Windows   2017, 0, 2017, 0118  

TfFontMgr.dll   FontMgr   9.3.0.113  

TfKernel.dll   Kernel   9.3.0.113  

TFKGEOM.dll   Kernel Geom   9.3.0.113  

TFUGEOM.dll   Adobe, UGeom©   9.3.0.113  

updaternotifications.dll   Adobe Updater Notifications Library   10.0.0.1 (BuildVersion: 1.0; BuildDate: BUILDDATETIME)   10.0.0.1

VulcanControl.dll   Vulcan Application Control Library   5.3.0.16  

VulcanMessage5.dll   Vulcan Message Library   5.3.0.16  

WinRTSupport.dll   Adobe Photoshop Windows RT Support   19.0.0.0  

WRServices.dll   WRServices Thu June 21 2017 12:26:24   Build 0.22473   0.22473

wu3d.dll   U3D Writer   9.3.0.113  

Required plug-ins:

3D Studio 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Accented Edges 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Adaptive Wide Angle 19.1.1 - from the file “Adaptive Wide Angle.8bf”

Angled Strokes 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Average 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Average.8bf”

Bas Relief 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

BMP 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Camera Raw 10.2 - from the file “Camera Raw.8bi”

Camera Raw Filter 10.2 - from the file “Camera Raw.8bi”

Chalk && Charcoal 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Charcoal 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Chrome 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Cineon 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Cineon.8bi”

Clouds 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Clouds.8bf”

Collada 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Color Halftone 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Colored Pencil 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

CompuServe GIF 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Conté Crayon 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Craquelure 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Crop and Straighten Photos 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “CropPhotosAuto.8li”

Crop and Straighten Photos Filter 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Crosshatch 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Crystallize 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Cutout 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Dark Strokes 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

De-Interlace 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Dicom 19.1.1 - from the file “Dicom.8bi”

Difference Clouds 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Clouds.8bf”

Diffuse Glow 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Displace 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Dry Brush 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Eazel Acquire 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “EazelAcquire.8ba”

Entropy 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Export Color Lookup Tables 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Export3DLUT.8be”

Extrude 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

FastCore Routines 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “FastCore.8bx”

Fibers 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Film Grain 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Filter Gallery 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Flash 3D 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Fresco 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Glass 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Glowing Edges 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Google Earth 4 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Grain 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Graphic Pen 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Halftone Pattern 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Halide Bottlenecks 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “HalideBottlenecks.8bx”

HDRMergeUI 19.1.1 - from the file “HDRMergeUI.8bf”

HSB/HSL 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

IFF Format 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

IGES 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Ink Outlines 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

JPEG 2000 19.1.1 - from the file “JPEG2000.8bi”

Kurtosis 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Lens Blur 19.1.1 - from the file “Lens Blur.8bf”

Lens Correction 19.1.1 - from the file “Lens Correction.8bf”

Lens Flare 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Liquify 19.1.1 - from the file “Liquify.8bf”

Matlab Operation 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “ChannelPort.8bf”

Maximum 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Mean 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Measurement Core 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “MeasurementCore.8me”

Median 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Mezzotint 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Minimum 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

MMXCore Routines 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “MMXCore.8bx”

Mosaic Tiles 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Multiprocessor Support 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “MultiProcessor Support.8bx”

Neon Glow 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Note Paper 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

NTSC Colors 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “NTSC Colors.8bf”

Ocean Ripple 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

OpenEXR 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Paint Daubs 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Palette Knife 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Patchwork 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Paths to Illustrator 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

PCX 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “PCX.8bi”

Photocopy 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Photoshop 3D Engine 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Photoshop3DEngine.8bi”

Photoshop Touch 19.0 - from the file “PSDX.8bi”

Picture Package Filter 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “ChannelPort.8bf”

Pinch 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Pixar 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Pixar.8bi”

Plaster 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Plastic Wrap 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

PLY 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Pointillize 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Polar Coordinates 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Portable Bit Map 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “PBM.8bi”

Poster Edges 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

PRC 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Radial Blur 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Radiance 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Radiance.8bi”

Range 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Render Color Lookup Grid 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Export3DLUT.8be”

Reticulation 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Ripple 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Rough Pastels 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Save for Web 19.1.1 - from the file “Save for Web.8be”

ScriptingSupport 19.1.1 - from the file “ScriptingSupport.8li”

Shake Reduction 19.1.1 - from the file “Shake Reduction.8bf”

Shear 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Skewness 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Smart Blur 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Smudge Stick 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Solarize 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “Solarize.8bf”

Spaces 19.1.1 - from the file “Spaces.8li”

Spatter 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Spherize 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Sponge 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Sprayed Strokes 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Stained Glass 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Stamp 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Standard Deviation 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

STL 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Sumi-e 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Summation 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Targa 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Texturizer 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Tiles 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Torn Edges 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Twirl 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

U3D 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Underpainting 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Vanishing Point 19.1.1 - from the file “VanishingPoint.8bf”

Variance 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “statistics.8ba”

Virtual Reality Modeling Language | VRML 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

Water Paper 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Watercolor 19.1.1 - from the file “Filter Gallery.8bf”

Wave 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Wavefront|OBJ 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “U3D.8bi”

WIA Support 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “WIASupport.8li”

Wind 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Wireless Bitmap 19.1.1 (20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206) - from the file “WBMP.8bi”

ZigZag 19.1.1 - from the file “Standard MultiPlugin.8bf”

Optional and third party plug-ins: NONE

Duplicate and Disabled plug-ins: NONE

Plug-ins that failed to load: NONE

Extensions:

com.adobe.inapp.purchase  2.11.27 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html\purchase.html”

com.adobe.Butler.backend  2.0.0 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.Butler.backend\index.html”

Libraries  2.11.27 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html\index.html”

New Document  2.1.1 - from the file “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\CCX_CMDN_EXTENSION_2_1_1_004\fnft.html”

Adobe Color Themes  6.1.0 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.KulerPanel.html\index.html”

Export As  3.1.2 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.photoshop.crema\PSPanel\dialog.html”

Export As  3.1.2 - from the file “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.photoshop.crema\PSPanel\dialog.html”

Installed TWAIN devices: NONE

• 34. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?

You have a mix of Intel and nVidia cards/drivers - which can cause all kinds of instabilities. See the section here on multiple graphics cards/drivers:

GPU and graphics driver troubleshooting steps

• 35. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                                      Leudemar Level 1

I´ve tried troubleshooting following teh steps for my cards but it did not work... still freezes. I can´t dosable my intel card because i use two monitors and when i tried to disable my other monitor stopped working.

• 36. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?

Post your system info here from the HELP drop down menu

• 37. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                                          twinbrush Level 1

Same issue. Just updated to the latest version yesterday and it feels so unstable...or at least very clunky. (64 bit, 1TB hard drive, 16GB ram 3+Ghz quadcore, so doubtful if the machine is struggling with a 1080p psd with 2 layers).

I agree totally with hansolocambo using a Wacom tablet is and has been for years (since about CS1) an absolute nightmare with Photoshop. I've lost count how many times I've had to uninstall, reinstall, update (repeat ad-nauseam) 'wacom' drivers when Adobe release an update. I'm pretty convinced Adobe believe Wacom are a myth as there seems to be little if any communication or beta testing between the two. And yea Adobe I'm looking at you...another company's drivers aren't the issue when the issue only shows its face when YOU release an updated version of YOUR software. There are always work arounds but it would be nice (as a paying customer) if.....just once, updating CC didn't involve revisiting and troubleshooting a list of pre-existing problems and work-arounds, all for the sake of a few features which serve little purpose than to massage your virtual ego....while removing or changing features that your users rely on.  And on that note if you go to Select > (press shift while selecting) Select and Mask you'll be able to access the old refine edge dialogue, which is immeasurable superior to the new Select and Mask effort (I'm calling it an effort because, well, it is...its a piece of steaming beige dog sh*te) that doesn't seem capable of getting close to the results of the old Refine Edge options.

Ok, my apologies, rant over and blood pressure returning to normal.....until i need to use the lasso tool again

• 38. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 crashes with lasso tool more often?
                                                                            Leudemar Level 1

Already did this jbm007, just scroll up in the page. o/