3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2008 9:38 AM by Newsgroup_User

    Converting to Bitmap

    andyulrika_is_back
      Hello

      Can someone please help.

      I have created 4 text members of equal width (100) with various words (of varying lengths). I've been converting all the text members to bitmaps successfully up to now. However, when I convert the words now the bitmaps are adjusting to the true length of the word and not the width I have previously assigned to them. Almost like some kind of trim has automatically assigned itself.

      Is there something which needs switched on or off?

      Hopefully I've explained this clearly.

      Thanks in advance.

      Andy
        • 1. Re: Converting to Bitmap
          Level 7
          I don't think there's anything you can do about this. You can, however,
          grab the image of the member and assign it to a new bitmap:
          i = member("text").image
          _movie.newMember(#bitmap).image = i
          -- member("text").erase()
          • 2. Re: Converting to Bitmap
            andyulrika_is_back Level 1
            Hi Sean

            Thanks for your input. I did discover what it was that I changed that made the bitmap lose it's size - the colour!

            If I edit a cast text member and change the background colour to anything but white then it will retain it's size. I've been using coloured backgrounds on all previous bitmaps up to now, then decided to use white - that's where the problem seems to have started.

            Regards

            Andy
            • 3. Re: Converting to Bitmap
              Level 7
              > Thanks for your input. I did discover what it was that I changed that made
              > the
              > bitmap lose it's size - the colour!
              >
              > If I edit a cast text member and change the background colour to anything
              > but
              > white then it will retain it's size. I've been using coloured backgrounds
              > on
              > all previous bitmaps up to now, then decided to use white - that's where
              > the
              > problem seems to have started.

              I've made a general habit of avoiding pure white in almost all
              circumstances. I'll set the color to something like rgb(254,254,254), which
              to the human eye is completely indistinguishable from pure white. Avoiding
              pure, rgb(255,255,255) white except when you need it will protect you from a
              lot of similar pitfalls. I pretty much reserve it only for when I want to
              use Matte/Background Transparent ink and nowhere else.