• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I do this grainy uneven effect with block colour objects? (Photoshop)

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what this effect is called but would appreciate any help on I could recreate this similar effect in Photoshop or Illustrator:

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 11.39.07.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-28 at 11.38.36.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-28 at 11.39.26.png

I thought I could do the shapes and then draw by hand the scratches, but I think there must be a quicker way?

Any help is much appreciated !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frizzled edges can be created with filters like Roughen Edges. Conversely, all kinds of structure can be introduced using filters like Texturize or the painterly filters. Same for introducing random specks with scattered, jittery brushes Another, better method would be to use scanned/ photographed textures liek rough cardboard or packaging paper and use whatever shapes you have in mind as a mask on them, then colorize them. Which method you use will of course depend on the specific desirred look, but that is to say there are plenty of options. One must just not be afraid to experiment.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay thank you very much, I will play around with it and i'm sure it will end up creating something similar.

Daniela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines